Oneplus 7 Pro Visual Voicemail in phone app

abqnurse80

Screenshot_20190529-103150.jpgScreenshot_20190529-111055.jpgScreenshot_20190529-161436.jpg

Global variant, purchased from oneplus, cannot activate Visual voicemail from within phone app. Have tried numerous ways, installing tmobile visual voicemail app, activating, uninstalling, wiping data/cache from phone app, etc, cannot work. Just want to reach out to tmobile community to see if anyone with the tmobile variant is having this issue as well!!!!

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Oneplus 7 Pro Visual Voicemail in phone app

Have you checked to make sure the app has the permissiins needed?  If you download the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app from the Olay Store and give it the permissions it needs, it will work.

• snn555

I'll speak from experience here. I have had a moto X4 unlocked bought from Best buy and a T-Mobile OnePlus 6t flash to the global firmware. to make the default stock visual voicemail work you need to uninstall the T-Mobile visual voicemail app. reboot the phone and go back into the dialer app go to voicemail settings make sure it is toggled on and you should not have any problem using the stock voicemail feature.

I was going to attach a video that I recorded with the screen recorder app from OnePlus but T-Mobile does not allow just sharing from local storage.

• magenta5733023

Don't feel bad because it's not just some OnePlus 7pros that this is happening to; it no longer works on my Essential ph-1 either.Screenshot_20190701-121922.png

• mamushka

Here is what worked for me, im on t-mobile with unlocked versions i suggest that you download "My Visual Voicemail" by "Virtual Network Apps" in the play store. So install the app and disable wifi before opening,, then accept all permisions once its finished,,,,, then go into app settings click disable visual voicemail. Then uninstall the app. Restart phone.. if dialer missing vvm tab go into the oneplus dialer and chose settings, then click call settings, then click voicemail, then you should see a visual voicemail toggle. Switch that on. It should work. it worked for me like a charm

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • narticus

Not sure if it's already been said, but after installing the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, turning off and on visual voicemail within that app, rebooting, uninstalling, rebooting, taking my sim card out and putting it back in, listening to and deleting all of my existing voicemail, I was able to get visual voicemail working on my unlocked OnePlus 7 pro.

Might just have gotten lucky though.

• magenta5733023

This didn't work for me. And what version of Android are you on?

J. Davis on Android

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 4:04 PM, narticus<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv1384796520 * #yiv1384796520 a #yiv1384796520 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1384796520 #yiv1384796520 h1, #yiv1384796520 h2, #yiv1384796520 h3, #yiv1384796520 h4, #yiv1384796520 h5, #yiv1384796520 h6, #yiv1384796520 p, #yiv1384796520 hr {}#yiv1384796520 .yiv1384796520button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from narticus in Android products - View the full discussion

Not sure if it's already been said, but after installing the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, turning off and on visual voicemail within that app, rebooting, uninstalling, rebooting, taking my sim card out and putting it back in, listening to and deleting all of my existing voicemail, I was able to get visual voicemail working on my unlocked OnePlus 7 pro.

Might just have gotten lucky though.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Oneplus 7 Pro Visual Voicemail in phone app in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• narticus

• abqnurse80

Well after android 10 upgrade, its not working again. Can only get it to work through Tmobiles app, even the My Visual Voicemail app fails when trying to activate....

• magenta5733023

They screwed over the/most Android users.

J. Davis on Android

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 6:06 PM, abqnurse80<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv2009957445 * #yiv2009957445 a #yiv2009957445 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2009957445 #yiv2009957445 h1, #yiv2009957445 h2, #yiv2009957445 h3, #yiv2009957445 h4, #yiv2009957445 h5, #yiv2009957445 h6, #yiv2009957445 p, #yiv2009957445 hr {}#yiv2009957445 .yiv2009957445button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from abqnurse80 in Android products - View the full discussion

Well after android 10 upgrade, its not working again. Can only get it to work through Tmobiles app, even the My Visual Voicemail app fails when trying to activate....

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• joewidd

I was able to get My Visual Voicemail to activate when I tried it on Android 10, but no luck with the stock phone app still. It's ridiculous that the phone has been out this long and this feature still isn't working.

• magenta5733023

T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app (VVM) for Android allows you to listen to and view messages in any order, on your phone. VVM is available on other phone models.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Starting May 4, 2019, Android users voicemail will be moved to a new voicemail platform. This move will delete older messages. To keep your messages, follow Save and delete messages. Courtesy of T-Mobile website.

J. Davis on Android

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 2:02 PM, joewidd<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv7155453453 * #yiv7155453453 a #yiv7155453453 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7155453453 #yiv7155453453 h1, #yiv7155453453 h2, #yiv7155453453 h3, #yiv7155453453 h4, #yiv7155453453 h5, #yiv7155453453 h6, #yiv7155453453 p, #yiv7155453453 hr {}#yiv7155453453 .yiv7155453453button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from joewidd in Android products - View the full discussion

I was able to get My Visual Voicemail to activate when I tried it on Android 10, but no luck with the stock phone app still. It's ridiculous that the phone has been out this long and still isn't work.

• magenta5733023

T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app

T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app (VVM) for Android allows you to listen to and view messages in any order, on your phone. VVM is available on other phone models.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Starting May 4, 2019, Android users voicemail will be moved to a new voicemail platform. This move will delete older messages. To keep your messages, follow Save and delete messages.

On this page:

- Read me first

- Settings menu

- Save and delete messages

Read me first

This app is only for Android devices, Apple iOS devices use a built-in voicemail app. For help with the iPhone app,  see How to save Visual Voicemail messages on your iPhone - Apple Support.

If you need help with voicemail, check out Voicemail troubleshooting.

For Voicemail, to listen and download messages by phone call, check out Voicemail

Voicemail messages will automatically be deleted after a specific amount of time and cannot be retrieved. Learn more about save and delete messages.

If you need help with these steps on your device, visit our Device tutorials select your device, or use the search bar and enter your device name.

J. Davis on Android

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 2:02 PM, joewidd<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv7155453453 * #yiv7155453453 a #yiv7155453453 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7155453453 #yiv7155453453 h1, #yiv7155453453 h2, #yiv7155453453 h3, #yiv7155453453 h4, #yiv7155453453 h5, #yiv7155453453 h6, #yiv7155453453 p, #yiv7155453453 hr {}#yiv7155453453 .yiv7155453453button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from joewidd in Android products - View the full discussion

I was able to get My Visual Voicemail to activate when I tried it on Android 10, but no luck with the stock phone app still. It's ridiculous that the phone has been out this long and still isn't work.