Signal booster

thecrawford

I get that I dont qualify for a free in home signal booster on a prepaid plan, I do. But it makes absolutely no sense that Tmobile will not SELL me one. I don't have enough of a signal at home to even make a call, and they refuse to sell me a booster. This means I either cancel Tmobile and go elsewhere or give another company like Wilson Electronics $200 for their signal booster. Why doesn't Tmobile sell theirs to their customers in needneed and make some money? Makes no sense.

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: Signal booster

I have just about the same problem. Recently purchased a V30. It was supposed to have a better antenna than my last phone. It does ok on one bar of service. Do you have WiFi in the house? Can your phone make WiFi calls? THAT does work! On your phone go to SETTINGS> NETWORK> Scroll down to WiFi Calling(does it show DISABLED? Highlight and see if it shows Connection preferences and Help. Depending on the phone it may be a little different. Hope that helps, and it does a good job!

• syaoran

Signal boosters aren't always the solution.  I had tried one but they don't boost something that is barely there.  Unfortunately, T-Mobile doesn't provide cell spots to prepaid either.  A cell spot though might be a better and cheaper solution to purchase for your situation.  As mentioned though, WiFi Calling might help, if your device already supports it.  If not, it might be cheaper to get a new device over buying a booster or cell spot.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • thecrawford

We really need something for when the WiFi goes down. This has happened several times lately and then we have no communications since cell service is so poor out here in the country.

• thecrawford

We have hughesnet for Internet and phone. Only other option out here is Rise Broadband. When we lose Hughesnet we lose Internet and phone. I don't know of any other options here.