Will 600 MHz be available in Western Washington on Olympic Peninsula soon?

averyfreeman

Hello,

I have family that lives on the Olympic Peninsula west of Seattle (across the water) and coverage is either awful or non-existent in many areas

I switched from my iPhone 6+ to the LG V30 when it came out because it is capable of 700 and 600 MHz band ranges, and I was hoping this would benefit my coverage, but it appears the network hasn't caught up with my smartphone in this area

I keep looking at the cities getting 600 MHz to see if "Shelton, WA" or "Hoodsport, WA" are mentioned, but they're still nowhere to be found

Either 600 MHz or 700 MHz would be great, just anything so I can get a signal when I visit my family!  Once I get north of Shelton on HWY 101 my signal disappears and there is absolutely no service - this is only halfway into my 1 hr drive to see the folks!

I'm excited that these lower frequency bands will help people in rural areas get better coverage (or any coverage at all) but so far we haven't had any benefit from these technologies being rolled out.

Also, my family *literally* has AT&T-contracted towers on both their properties outside of Shelton and Hoodsport, WA, and they all have AT&T because of it - it's the only company AFAIK that provides any signal in the area.  Is there any way T-Mobile would contract with these tower lessees in order to put their antennae on the tower?

We.  Want.  Service!!! 

Thank you

All replies

• tmo_chris

Hey averyfreeman

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community! We are always upgrading our network to keep our customers on the latest and greatest frequencies! I am not very familiar with the area unfortunately but if you could get me some ZIP codes, I can take a closer look at the coverage we have there and see if there any plans for upgrades.

• drnewcomb2

First, the entire area you reference is covered by T-Mobile's 700A license, so any lack of service in the area is due either to a lack of priority on T-Mobile's part or a lack of cooperation on the part of local zoning boards.

The area is also within the coverage of a number of OTA TV stations out of Seattle, that may need to be relocated (re-channeled) before 600 MHz can be deployed. The area inside the purple arcs is generally impacted by this. These stations are not scheduled tor relocation until Jan '20. So, it will probably be several months before any 600 MHz (band 71) will be seen in the area.

*I have not looked at each station in detail to see exactly how they affect T-Mobile's licenses.