Email to SMS (tmomail.net) is blocking our domain for spam.

jpterranova

I work for a local fire department, which uses the phonenumber@tmomail.net gateway to alert members of the fire department with (T-Mobile service) of emergencies/disasters. We use similar gateways from other carriers for those respective members, and they are without issue at this time. This system from T-Mobile has worked flawlessly for the last 2 years, until recently, which we are now getting bounced by the server and getting the mail messages kicked back with the following error (X's represent the member's phone number):

mx197.us-east-2b.ess.aws.cudaops.com gave this error:
    permanent failure for one or more recipients (XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

i've tried sending messages individually, and even sending out messages as MMS, and I'm still getting bounce backs.

I see "srickar" on this site answering questions, as the spam admin for tmomail.net, and I was wondering if they'd be able to point me in the right direction.

Not only am I the one handling this issue... I'm also a T-Mobile user, and am one of the end users effected by it.

Thanks for any input.

All replies