Canada and Alaska

i.mcpherson

We are traveling to the Alaska and Canada for a holiday very soon. We will be entering North America via Vancouver BC. Want to know if you have a plan that allows me to use T-Mobile during my stay and that it can be setup upon our arrival in Canada. I have checked the coverage map and it indicates that your service covers the areas of our travel.

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Canada and Alaska

T-Mobile is a US mobile provider that also provides roaming into Canada.  There is a prepaid plan that does include Canada. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

As syaoran says, you'd have to get the service set up in the US first. T-Mobile doesn't sell service in Canada but only roams there. Similar situation in Alaska where T-Mobile roams GCI and some smaller carriers. There's also the issue of excessive roaming. T-Mobile will cut you off if most of your usage is roaming, however I doubt this would happen during a 2-week holiday.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Hello!

Our fellow members offered some great info. Did you have any additional questions or need more clarification?

• magenta9065055

Avoid T Mobile at all costs. I just returned from Canada and Alaska (after purchasing a SIM in Las Vegas), The SIM stopped working the day I arrived in Vancouver and their customer service were no help at all. I asked for a refund and they told me to return to a store. I explained I live in Australia and all they would offer is a credit if I ever returned to the US. Not good enough as they never provided the service that I was promised.