Note 9 powered off,  will not power on.

magenta8591727

Was in the middle of a call. Note 9 powered off completely.
    Thought it was due to a dead battery, put it on the charger.
    Been charging for 30 minutes.
    Tried to hold the power, Nothing.
    Tried to hold Power, Volume up and home screen buttons at the same time, nothing.
    Tried to hold Power on and Bixby at the same time, nothing

Can't go to the store as they are closed right now.
    Have a phone interview in the AM and Im dead in the water.
    S.O.S.  I'm doomed.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Note 9 powered off,  will not power on.

Do you have a back up phone you can put your sim into or possibly

have a friend who has one?

Or use the power down button instead of the up button.

So, if your Note 9 is still not responding after this, try doing it again and make sure you simultaneously press and hold those buttons or you may try this instead… Press and hold the volume down button and don't release it. Now press and hold the Power key while holding down the volume down button.May 4, 2019

• syaoran

Re: Note 9 powered off,  will not power on.

Plug your device into the wired charger, see if it starts charging, wait10 minutes  and then try powering it up while still plugged in.

• magenta8591727

gramps28 wrote:

Do you have a back up phone you can put your sim into or possibly

have a friend who has one?

Or use the power down button instead of the up button.

So, if your Note 9 is still not responding after this, try doing it again and make sure you simultaneously press and hold those buttons or you may try this instead… Press and hold the volume down button and don't release it. Now press and hold the Power key while holding down the volume down button.

No back phone, so Im still screwed in that department.

Doesn''t matter the button combination or the amount of time I have tried to hold them down, nothing is responsive.
            And yes the charging port is clean and free of debris, Nice feature of the otterbox cases, nothing gets in there and its only charging here at the house.
            Even pulled the sim card and tried that with no avail. So IM pretty much as a loss for now.
            Unless anyone has any other ideas.

• tmo_chris

Hey there! I know it has been a couple days since you posted. I am sorry that your phone decided to take a dive when you needed it the most! As long as it is still under warranty, you can give us a call and we can get you a replacement.

• magenta8591727

Thanks, I went to the store Monday. And the guy went through the steps. Wouldn't power up. Tried putting it on the wireless charger. And confirmed it was a 1000.00 brick. Lol

Next day and 5.00 later, recieved a new Note 9. Thanks a bunch.

Tho, I can say I disnt have any issues prior to the update. Where LTE wouldn't connect to the network. But 3 and 4 g ooerated as normal, well for 3 and 4G that is.    

Offtopic: didn't get the job as I missed the interview.  But thats been the normal lately. Get an interview and thwy say I'm ovwr qualified and wont be happy. Or thwy decided to go another direction. Mean while my bills are like attack, attack, attack. And when in doubt, attack again.