3g sim card

b2zero

I need an older 3G sim card. The footprint of the electrical contact is slightly (1/8") bigger than the current 4G cards.

Anybody have a phone from that era with the card still in it or maybe just the card?

Thx

Bob

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: 3g sim card

SIMs aren't 3G or 4G. They do come in different sizes and, yes, some of the new nano SIMs don't work well in older phones. I don't know if T-Mobile still makes any mini or micro SIMs with the old size contacts. Unused T-Mobile SIMs age out (administratively) after a couple of years, so using and old SIM won't cut it.

• b2zero

Thankyou but doesnt answer question. And the older cards shape can be matched by the newer cards but the older 3g ELECTRICAL CONTACT FOOTPRINT (gold colored leaf on back of logo)is a different length.

I am hoping someone in this community has a smartphone card from about 6/7 years ago.

Thx

Bob

• gramps28

If anyone does have an older sim it's probably has been used and can't be

activated again.

If you feel you really need one like you're looking for your best bet would look on eBay.

• b2zero

Thank you for the reply. The situation is, I have an older phone that ATT unlocked but that code cant be transmitted to the phone without the above mentioned card. That is why I am hoping some one will have an non ATT older 3g card. That I may use to unlock phone and use it for backup.

Thx

Bob

• drnewcomb2

I've got a stack of old SIMs from around the world you're welcome to but none of them have "3G" stamped anywhere on them.

• b2zero

Why thank you sir, that would be my best shot at it. It would probably be a card that came stamped as a whole card equal to what is the "middle" size on the current  tmobile type cards. And anybodys but ATT would be great!  If you like I can respond to the email copy of your msg with my address.

Thank you again snd regards

Bob

• drnewcomb2

That would be a "micro" SIM. I'll look around and see what I can find. The "micros" as such, were only made for a few years. After that, they went to the current "nano" SIMs. Most of my collection are the older "mini" size SIMs.

SIM card - Wikipedia

• b2zero

Yup I think that will work. Should I send you my address? And do you want any $ for the cards?

ThxBob

On Monday, April 29, 2019, 5:18:07 PM PDT, drnewcomb2 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

3g sim card

reply from drnewcomb2 in Other products - View the full discussion

That would be a "micro" SIM. I'll look around and see what I can find. The "micros" as such, were only made for a few years. After that, they went to the current "nano" SIMs. Most of my collection are the older "mini" size SIMs.

SIM card - Wikipedia

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Other products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following 3g sim card in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• drnewcomb2

Let me first see if I've got what you need. I've got lots of old mini SIMS and plenty of the nanos but can't lay hands on any micro format ones. I've only every owned one phone that used that size SIM. People used to use SIM cutters to cut the mini SIMs down to micro format.

• b2zero

Ok. Thanks for all the help. Im standing by

On Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 4:05:00 AM PDT, drnewcomb2 <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

3g sim card

reply from drnewcomb2 in Other products - View the full discussion

Let me first see if I've got what you need. I've got lots of old mini SIMS and plenty of the nanos but can't lay hands on any micro format ones. I've only every owned one phone that used that size SIM. People used to use SIM cutters to cut the mini SIMs down to micro format.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Other products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following 3g sim card in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• bigapplegreg

drnewcomb2 wrote:

The "micros" as such, were only made for a few years.

I bought a dirt cheap Android from an MVNO that uses T-Mobile's network this past November. (Yes, I've been posting questions regarding our really old 2G feature phones — long story re: the Android.) It takes a micro SIM and the SIM that came with it was a micro SIM, not a nano SIM in an adapter.