Network/LTE issues

bcs7786

I opened my account with T-Mobile in July of 2018 and the service was great up until a few months ago (probably around late January or early February).  I use my phone a lot when I am at work in Northeast Philadelphia and over the past few months the LTE only works occasionally and my text messages sometimes take a few minutes up to a few hours to go through.  For the first 6-7 months I was able to stream videos, use the internet, and make calls/texts with no problems.  I tried following some of the help guides (turn off phone, reset network settings, turn cellular data off then back on) and none of that seems to work.  I'm not sure what has changed over the past few months to make the service so different from what it used to be.

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Network/LTE issues

What device are you using?  Do you recall getting an OTA around the time this started happening?  I regularly pass through Philadelphia and have never experienced any poor service. 

• bcs7786

Device is an Apple iPhone 8.  I called customer service and was told that they have been doing a Modernization on the two towers in my area for the past few months,  which would fully explain my issues.  The first one started in February (when I noticed latency) and ended earlier this month.  The second is being worked on until today.  The tech I spoke with thinks that this is my main cause and since one tower is technically "down" during most business hours that I may be getting no signal due to the high number of users in the area.

I'm hoping that after today everything will go back to normal.  As I said before, the service was great up until a few months ago and I'm really hoping that nothing changed.

• tmo_lauren

Keep us updated!

Modernization could definitely be the issue, but we would want to keep following up if it continues!

Lauren

• bcs7786

Hi Lauren, 

The tech I spoke to last week told me that the modernization on the towers would be done by Friday 4/26. He also said to wait until Monday (yesterday) to see if the connection got better.

Between yesterday and today (Tuesday) I am still noticing that most of the day I am getting “No connection” when attempting to access  the internet.  I do have little periods of time where I get connectivity but it’s still extremely slow when I get it. It’s nowhere near as good as it was a few months ago.  I’m hoping that this is just temporary because as I said before, the service was great for the first 6-7 months and has just been slow or non-existent for the past month or two.

I went to reply to the thread but couldn’t find it on My T-Mobile so tried responded to the email you sent.

Thank you,

Bryan Sheehan

• tmo_mike_c

Sound like you filed a service complaint. Have you had anyone check on it to see if there's been updated info on it?

• tmo_lauren

Hmm. I also am curious if the ticket you filed gave any more in depth information.

Also, when you say you couldn't find the thread, is it routing you somewhere else once you login on mytmo?WWe're trying to determine if there's an issue with logins.

Thanks!

-Lauren

• bcs7786

I haven’t called back yet because I wanted to give it another week and keep checking but the service has still been really bad. Just pulling my emails through is taking over an hour to do at this point. Example: you emailed me at 9:17 and I wasn’t able to pull emails through until a few minutes ago (it’s now 10:25).  I still keep getting the “no connection” message when trying to use the internet.  I had a little bit of connectivity near the end of last week but it was still extremely slow and spotty. I’m just worried because the service was great until a few months ago then completely dropped off to the point which I can barely use my phone.

As for the thread, I was having trouble finding it but can’t get on the website now to look further. I keep getting a message saying that there’s an issue with the website’s servers.

Bryan Sheehan

Sent from my iPhone