Missing Text Messages

carbon_based_life

Been having issues with receiving text messages. This is group chats amongst varying phone operating systems (i.e. android, iOS) as well as single messages. (IOS to android) . I have tried nearly all troubleshooting techniques with no success .

I've linked a precious thread which explains my exact issue in detail (Missing random texts from multiple (iOS and android) devices ) .I would like to know if anyone else is still experiencing these issues? I seriously think this is an issue related to the T-Mobile network and if I cannot get this resolved soon, I will be leaving T-Mobile .

tmo_sean_h can you please assist me in troubleshooting this or direct me to someone who can? I'm on a Samsung S10 Plus but have also had issues on an iPhone X .

Thanks,

Dan

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Missing Text Messages

Is this happening on in group chats or individual conversations between your device and the iPhone? Also, do you know if the messages that are missing are from the sender or ones that you sent to the iPhone?

• magenta8491911

individual

• shannonrog1015

i am also having this problem!!

Both messages that i have sent to people, randomly they are not receiving them, and this is across various phones and networks. Also people have been sending me messages that i never receive, but they show me evidence in a screen shot.

I have also replied to a separate thread about issues in group messages.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • dp56

Our family has all had missing texts from each other.  It has happened intermittently the whole time on TMobile. 

• hightower71

Same issue here and very frustrated. Happens between my wife (iPhone 8) and I (OnePlus 6T) regularly. I don't recall this ever being an issue on Verizon.

• phonewoes

I am having the same issue with receiving group txts.  My husband and I both have Galaxy S8 and are in the same groups.  One of us will receive the txt and the other won't, even though it shows that it was sent to both.  I find it odd that TMobile marked this issue as resolved and never replied with a solution.

• magenta9057099

So, what is the answer T-Mobile?  Where did the text conversation go?  My and my husband have Note S9 and our whole conversation stream is just gone.

• steve882

So, what is the answer T-Mobile?  Where did the text conversation go?  My and my husband have Note S9 and our whole conversation stream is just gone.

I have sent to people, randomly they are not receiving them, and this is across various phones and networks. Also people have been sending me messages that i never receive, but they show me evidence in a screen shot.

• patricia2258

My husband and I both have Galaxy S8 and are in the same groups.  One of us will receive the txt and the other won't, even though it shows that it was sent to both.  I find it odd that TMobile marked this issue as resolved and never replied with a solution.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • wiltzz

I thought I was the only one having this problem. T-Mobile, please provide a solution!

• cmbm1122

I am randomly missing text messages. I have changed phones, tried different settings, it seems to be whenever I temporarily do not have service. The message just never gets delivered. It’s causing some problems as you can imagine. It doesn’t seem to matter what kind of phone the other person has. It has happened with both group messages and individuals so I think the problem is that if I temporarily do not have service T-Mobile just never delivers the message.

• ssmatl

I also have this issue. I'm still using the Galaxy Note 4, so at least now I know that newer phones are having the same issue.

I use desktop messaging to read and respond to texts from my computer. Every now and then, I'll happen to notice a notification for a new text, but then when I attempt to respond, the message is completely gone with no trace. If I'm not at my desk when the alert comes in, then I'll never know about it.

I don't use spam filtering in my SMS app. I just switched to Textra SMS to see if the problem is due to Samsung's default texting app. Does anyone here use desktop messaging and/or Samsung's default texting app because I wonder if it's somehow related?

• knny2dy

Funny how T-Mobile says this is resolved.  Randomly, i will miss texts. Bottom line it is a T-mobile issue that they cannot solve. Sadly, i will have to switch carriers.