OnePlus 6T OTA updates

jewjitsu226

I know the OnePlus 6T security patch level is out of date. Do we expect to see new features soon? I was hoping it could get an update for better battery features like its global variant.

All replies

• snn555

Re: OnePlus 6T OTA updates

OnePlus is currently in beta and to stay within the two months update window they promised, that global update should come in the next week or so. TMobile is about 1 month behind OnePlus.

also and this is just my opinion, but given the fact that RCS is an umbrella term when in fact it's really Advanced Messaging with file limitations at 10 megabytes, and the fact that that is not working correctly on the T-Mobile variant currently, there may be an extended wait while TMobile tries to fix the last update.

So unless T-Mobile has an unforeseen trick up its sleeve you can count on staying on the January security patch until May or June. 

It's rather unfortunate that the OnePlus 6t only contributed to 2.4% of overall quarter for 2018 sales for Tmo.  That of course lends itself to theories that it's not the most focused upon handset for further updates from Tmo.

Android Authority: Report: OnePlus 6T made up only 2.4% of T-Mobile phone sales in Q4 2018.

https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-6t-t-mobile-sales-q4-2018-974609/

I would expect that most of the features in beta will come to stable and then to the T-Mobile variant. The T-Mobile variant of course did not get deep Duo integration but the global version did not get Advanced Messaging.

But I would expect things like the updated weather app with 12 and 24 hour format as well as screen optimization and battery improvements to be part of both.

• snn555

9.0.12 June 1 2019 security patch released yesterday. Software page is 2 versions behind.

• cnish87

We got an security patch update today but no other features. The original OnePlus 6T has lots of camera improvements, Screen Recorder etc. Its biggest mistake I took OnePlus 6T from TMobile

• snn555

So the OnePlus 6t unlocked global does not have screen recorder. That feature is still in beta but the feature can be sideloaded through an APK.

• snn555

So I see that was updated today. Point of the matter is that is the only difference between that and the T-Mobile update. They both now have the June 1st security patch. And the screen recorder app can still be sideloaded onto the T-Mobile version.

• cnish87

snn555 I agree with the security patch and screen recorder. But what about Camera App. Lots of improvements we are missing. The One Plus Camera app in global version is 3.2.XX but in T Mobile the version is 2.9.XX Also all the fixes related Bluetooth, Wifi etc is not coming at all. Basically we dont have visibility over what is coming and whats not coming.