Galaxy s8 text issue

winterfalafel

My Galaxy s8 is having trouble with a particular texting group chat since the pie update. I could send a couple pix, but not word text msgs. I tried exiting the group and restarting the chat, but a pop-up tells me the chat is already closed. I can't recreate the group for texting. I restarted the phone twice and 2 other text groups I checked are working fine, as is texting the individuals.in the problematic group. I cannot find any helpful info to resolve it online.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Galaxy s8 text issue

That is pretty odd, but we wanna make sure you can use the service properly. Are you getting any error messages when you try to add words? Also, is this only happening when you add images and text in the message?

• winterfalafel

First I noticed error messages after the pie update. I haven't sent to the group text for weeks. I was getting error messages and was able to send a couple pix but not words. I don't remember what made me think to leave the text group then come back. I can't go back to it. I've seen a couple msgs from others in it. I see an alert that says I left the chat and it's inactive. When I try to send something something I don't have the option unless I select compose then add the members that were in the chat as if I was starting a new group text. However, what I send looks perpetually sending, but never gets sent.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

Did you still need help? Please check out my previous post and let us know. Thanks!

• bradycmb

I am having a similar issue.  Every since the system update, I can't respond to any group text I'm in.  When I hit send, the text has an orange exclamation point that when I click on it says Couldn't send message and I have the choices: Resend, Delete or Edit.  I hit resend and the same thing happens. I can send an individual text.  I have been able to send to 2 people but not 3 or more.

• tmo_mike_c

That's no good, but thanks for letting us know so we can try to figure this out. Is this happening with any numbers in the group text? Like have you tested with other numbers to see if the same thing happens? Also, have you tested messages with different character lengths? For example, a shorter message?

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going.