Note 8 after Pie OS update

magenta8191581

Top of my Note 8 I used to see logos of Wi-Fi calling available and Bluetooth logos are gone! Not acceptable. Must be fixed.

I feel that I was downgraded! Hey T-Mobile - are you listening?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Note 8 after Pie OS update

I've heard of folks seeing icons missing but there should be a way to get that back. If you go into the applications, can you see if the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth apps are disabled, and enable them?

• sweetpeach

When an update like Android 9.0 hits your phone please, please, please wipe your phone's cache! It does wondrous things....

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • parturo

Is the "pie" android update what explains what happened to my phone?  Sorry, but I am not as tech savvy as I should be.  This past week TMobile kept bugging me to do an update.  So I did.  The new look is horrible.  It looks like it's for pre-schoolers.  The icon for the phone and camera look like they belong on a pre-schoolers workbook.  Why? 

And yes, a lot of my settings changed.  I can't find the setting in the clock alarm for the sound I preferred.  The camera settings all changed and moved around.  A bunch of other stuff.  The emojis are all different.  Once again, I'm approaching 50. 

Is the "pie"u pdate what explains this change?  I thought I had accidentally downloaded  a third-party virus.  Please, I was so happy with my note and tmobile service.  How do I undo this update.  No thanks on the silly colors and icons. 

• parturo

How do I initiate my own post so that a Tmobile person can look at it?

Is the "pie" android update what explains what happened to my phone?  Sorry, but I am not as tech savvy as I should be.  This past week TMobile kept bugging me to do an update.  So I did.  The new look is horrible.  It looks like it's for pre-schoolers.  The icon for the phone and camera look like they belong on a pre-schoolers workbook.  Why? 

And yes, a lot of my settings changed.  I can't find the setting in the clock alarm for the sound I preferred.  The camera settings all changed and moved around.  A bunch of other stuff.  The emojis are all different.  Once again, I'm approaching 50. 

Is the "pie"u pdate what explains this change?  I thought I had accidentally downloaded  a third-party virus.  Please, I was so happy with my note and tmobile service.  How do I undo this update.  No thanks on the silly colors and icons. 

• sweetpeach

Before you get too annoyed with the changes, know that it's all to make us safer as we use our phones. Security updates are supposed to be separated from the carrier & meant to roll out from the manufacturer (this is the idyllic paradise we are promised ). Thereby, rendering our phones safer and always up to date.

However, I get the, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it attitude." Living in a family of seven engineers, that quote is my mantra! To fix your present problem, have you tried installing a theme? Or changing to the dark theme? Are you using a Note 8? And as far as things changing around (not too long after you got used to where they were, I'll bet...isn't that always the way it is), all I can say is click around and ask for help if you run into trouble. People here are ALWAYS willing to try our best to help!

• magenta8191581

I totally agree with you. There was no need for Android 9.0 especially it looks so childish and full of bugs. 8.0 was much better. Samsung/T-mobile will be better of rolling out 8.0 again as 9.1!!!!

SO FAR I HATE 9.0.

Thanks.

Regards,Ashish Shah

On Monday, April 15, 2019, 10:33:35 PM CDT, sweetpeach <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

Note 8 after Pie OS update

reply from sweetpeach in Android products - View the full discussion

Before you get too annoyed with the changes, know that it's all to make us safer as we use our phones. Security updates are supposed to be separated from the carrier & meant to roll out from the manufacturer (this is the idyllic paradise we are promised ). Thereby, rendering our phones safer and always up to date.

However, I get the, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it attitude." Living in a family of seven engineers, that quote is my mantra! To fix your present problem, have you tried installing a theme? Or changing to the dark theme? Are you using a Note 8? And as far as things changing around (not too long after you got used to where they were, I'll bet...isn't that always the way it is), all I can say is click around and ask for help if you run into trouble. People are ALWAYS willing to try our best to help!

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Android products by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Note 8 after Pie OS update in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|