Galaxy S10+ Fingerprint

rbryinc

Hi,

Got the S10+.  Love the phone fingerprint reader unbelievably bad.  ALWAYS says press harder and then t least 50% of the time I need to use password because it can not read my fingerprint and then 50% of the time it unlocks on first try, seriously? I have re mapped the same finger numerous times, used the same finger for more then once and always the same.  Just do not understand why you would not only put something in a phone with that much inconsistency but actually use the feature as a selling point.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Galaxy S10+ Fingerprint

Hmm, this is pretty strange as we haven't had a ton of folks mentioning this internally. I have a few suggestions. Can you make remove the current fingerprint lock you have now and set it up again but make sure your Touch sensitivity setting is turned on? Another thing you should do is go into the Biometrics preferences and turn the Screen transition effect off. Please test those out and see if that helps.

• rbryinc

I will try but you can not always just base an issue on who complains here.  Google search it and look at Samsung's site.  Pretty much decent amount of complaints

• rbryinc

Like I said, just do a search you will find articles like this

Samsung will fix Galaxy S10 fingerprint sensor issues in future updates

• kdvditters

Samsung released a Biometrics Security Patch recently, but once again T-mobile seems to be behind on making it available. Keep an eye out either through normal software updates, or via the Galaxy Store. People are reporting, on other carriers, to be getting it from both places. Good luck!

• rbryinc

Like I originally posted, obviously there was/is an issue but yet Tmobile (authorities) had no idea there was an issue.(read above)  I always wonder why the people who are suppose to help spend zero time researching and are so far out of the loop it is easier to just ask Google....