Is the T-Mobile network messing with T-Mobile flip phones?

magenta3037466

I have 1) an Alcatel Go Flip phone that is locked onto the T-Mobile network, and 2) a legacy T-Mobile "Pay As You Go" plan (in which I pay only for the minutes I use).

The following scenario has been happening lately:

A call to my phone goes straight to voicemail, with my phone not even ringing. The caller leaves a voicemail, and I get a voicemail notification.

I turn the phone off and then back on.

Now, a call to my phone causes the phone to ring, at least for a little while. However, after some time period, the straight-to-voicemail problem occurs again.

Sometimes, the following scenario happens:

A call to my phone goes straight to voicemail, with my phone not even ringing. The caller leaves a voicemail. However, I do NOT get a voicemail notification until I turn the phone off and then back on.

There are 2 possibilities:

1) The Alcatel Go Flip phone has a problem.

2) The T-Mobile network is messing with T-Mobile flip phones and is causing calls to T-Mobile flip phones to go straight to voicemail.

So, has anyone else experienced this straight-to-voicemail problem with a T-Mobile flip phone? Has anyone experienced this straight-to-voicemail problem with a T-Mobile smartphone?

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thank you.

All replies

• dragon1562

I don't have a flip phone but I have experienced callers going straight to voicemail. For me, it was the scam blocker flagging people incorrectly causing the calls to go straight to voice mail. However, that most likely would not apply to you on a flip phone. If I was you I would go through the process of eliminations. First, try to identify when this is happening. I.e is service strong when it occurs or weak? Is this happening in a set area(indoors at home or anywhere), and so on. You can also call into T-mobile and speak with the tech team to see if there are any reported issues for your area.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

I'm confident the network isn't messing with your phone, and I'm sorry you're having these issues. Calls going straight to voicemail is normally a signal issue either in a particular area or something going on with the device. With that being said, the best place to start using our Signal issues / no service troubleshooting to see if that helps with signal and improves incoming calls.