Backordered S10+

gleaves7

I am very disappointed in Tmobile. I've been a tmobile customer for over 10 years and I've never had this experience before when I've preordered a phone and I have always preordered the newest Samsung Galaxy phone because I have the jump service on my phone. Every time a new Samsung Galaxy device was on preorder I ordered it and always received it before it was released so the issue with the S10+ is shocking and disappointing. So here is the issue, I preordered the S10+ in Flamingo Pink in February. The website showed one day that the phone was processing now it shows it on backorder and I wont get the phone until sometime between 5/16-6/20. As a loyal customer I cant believe I would need to wait that long for a phone that I preordered in February. And if I wanted to go to a different service provider I now miss the opportunity to get the preorder special that came with the phone. Tmobile needs to somehow address this with customers experiencing this because this is ridiculous that I have to wait months to get a phone that I preordered.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Backordered S10+

gleaves7 wrote:

I am very disappointed in Tmobile. I've been a tmobile customer for over 10 years and I've never had this experience before when I've preordered a phone and I have always preordered the newest Samsung Galaxy phone because I have the jump service on my phone. Every time a new Samsung Galaxy device was on preorder I ordered it and always received it before it was released so the issue with the S10+ is shocking and disappointing. So here is the issue, I preordered the S10+ in Flamingo Pink in February. The website showed one day that the phone was processing now it shows it on backorder and I wont get the phone until sometime between 5/16-6/20. As a loyal customer I cant believe I would need to wait that long for a phone that I preordered in February. And if I wanted to go to a different service provider I now miss the opportunity to get the preorder special that came with the phone. Tmobile needs to somehow address this with customers experiencing this because this is ridiculous that I have to wait months to get a phone that I preordered.

So it's T-Mobile's fault that Samsung didn't give them enough devices for preorders that T-Mobile received?  I thought only Apple customers did this.

• gleaves7

I believe something needs to be done by Tmobile or Samsung.  And I think its ridiculous to have customers wait months for a phone to be mailed out, that came out March 8th and I may not get the phone until the middle of June.

I also believe that Tmobile could've stopped accepting Pre-ordered if they knew they wouldn't have enough in stock to end out to their customers because based on my conversation with a customer service representative, no one that order certain colors received their phones and when given the option to switch the color of the phone I was told I wouldn't qualify for the preorder deal that was offered for the headphones.

• tidbits

You should read Samsungs terms for the promotion it is theirs not T-Mobile.

• gleaves7

Thank you for your opinion. I still believe its ridiculous to preorder a phone in February and have to wait until June

• tidbits

gleaves7 wrote:

Thank you for your opinion. I still believe its ridiculous to preorder a phone in February and have to wait until June

Every iPhone order and every Galaxy order has been this way.  There is only so much Samsung can make and only so much carriers can do.  Carriers may get estimates on shipments but it's never exact because OEMs reserve the right to delay or change shipment amounts.  Samsung has even their own preorders delayed AND they also fill theirs first before shipping more out to carriers.

• skymorena

I do apologize if you felt that way. I think that's why it's called pre-order and it's always been like this. Everyone should always be aware that when ordering a phone while it's in "pre-order" season, that you may have to wait longer than that. If you don't want to wait for it being in "backorder", you may want to wait few months 'til it's available in-store.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • musikone

Sorry you have been given such a long wait time. I ordered the S10+ in blue 3 days before the official release date. They told me it would ship around March 26. I received the phone yesterday on the 21st of March. It sounds like the issue is the color you ordered. If it were me, I would be calling T-Mobile and ask them for a different color (aka blue). However, before you do, make sure they will still give you the free ear pods.

• tmo_chris

I know waiting for a new phone is never any fun! I have pre-ordered some iPhones in the past and have seen some pretty hefty backorders in my time. It does feel so good though once you finally get the phone. As for the promotion, this is 100% a Samsung promotion and you would want to reach out to them directly with any questions or concerns. 1-866-888-5503

• eliezer0213

I'm having the same issue I pre order the morning after they open the pre orders and this is not acceptable and the crazy part is the no1 can actually tell you when u getting ur s10 plus so pretty much u get when u get it .I'm very disappointed at t mobile . On my end it still said its be shipping between the 03-06-19 and 09-08-19 they haven't even updated anything.  I'm strongly considering changing my service just not happy lately

• rbryinc

I pre ordered my phone the second day pre orders opened.  Got my phone 2 days before release date and my ear buds two days after they officially shipped.  My personal opinion is basically color will always have an issue.  There is no way on earth anyone is making as many flamingo pink phones as they are making black ones.  If you want to increase the odds of you getting the phone before it is back ordered, order a color they will actually make more then 2 of.  If you want that rare color then prepare to wait without the complaints