LG Stylo Plus 3

thomasc153

I can not hear out of my earpiece.  Works on speaker and Bluetooth just fine.  I called T-Mobile and they couldn't help.  They even allowed me to cancel my service .   But before that happens next week I thought I would ask if anybody can help.  Thank you

All replies

• snn555

Re: LG Stylo Plus 3

there are all sorts of scenarios that can lead to this issue. It could be hardware failure more than likely given the age of the device. I'm not sure why TMobile would allow you to cancel your service outside of the fact that there are no contracts and you can leave anytime you want as long as the phone is paid off. At this point you might look into getting another device.

if all else fails you can always hard reset the device back to factory settings. If that doesn't work then you really do need to replace the device under warranty and if not under warranty or insurance then it would be time to find another device.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • thomasc153

Thank you.  I will get a new device.  Probably not with T-Mobile.  I have a

one plus, iphone x and 4 series watch. My kids do. Its not that old.  I

only have the phone 14 months.  It worked great until now.  Thought it

would be an easy fix. Oh well.   Thanks again for your help.

• snn555

look it's not T-Mobile fault that the hardware failed. LG is just not the most reputable company when it comes to budget phones. You would be better served looking into the Motorola line or even OnePlus 6t.

I speak from experience because I owned in LG Stylo 3 plus and found many issues with it and for whatever reason I decided that the LG Stylo 4 would be my next phone which was an even greater disappointment.

However I did buy aa Motorol X4 unlocked from Best buy open box for less than 250 and found it to work great on T-Mobile until the point I decided to update or upgrade to the 6T.

• dc5fan

My 3 Plus is working great! But when I decided on the Voyager Legend headset that took several tries to get it to work. I do agree with you. LG's CS is terrible! I will take a look at the X4. Thanks for that suggestion.

• dwh367

Have you used wired headphones lately?  When you plug in wired headphones it breaks contact with a pin which turns off the earpiece.  It's a long shot but it's possible that the pin didn't reseat itself when you removed the wired headphones.  Try plugging them in and out a few times and see if that helps anything. 

• dc5fan

I did not buy the Voyager Legend to listen to mp3s in my phone. Yes, I use a wireds AKG earbud (I think that's what they're called these days). No problems. It is possible that there could be wwhat you are describing. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your phone? Is it still under warranty? The manufacturer would know more about your phone than T-Mobile.

• tmo_mike_c

For one-way audio issues we do have some steps that can help resolve this. As snn555 mentioned the last resort is resetting and replacing if it's under warranty. I do hope this gets resolved so please keep us posted if you need more suggestions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful