Enhanced Caller ID vs Name ID

jay968

In my visual voicemail app, I see an option to turn on or off "enhanced caller ID" and I have also seen reference to "name id."

What is the difference, and if enhanced caller ID is turned on in visual voicemail, do I get charged for this?

All replies

• snn555

Re: Enhanced Caller ID vs Name ID

Enhanced caller ID is very new still and in my experience did not really add anything to caller ID. name ID is essentially the app and service used on T-Mobile to show you a name instead of a number. Enhanced caller ID is supposed to give you a little bit more information from business listings but I have yet to see that in my experience. it's not something T-Mobile is really pushing or advertising and most of the team of experts are not real clear on this either.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • jay968

Do you know if I am charged for enhanced caller ID if I keep it activated?

• dc5fan

What free ID service came with the 3 Plus? In my T-Mobile toolbox I have a widget for Caller ID that requires a subscription. When I get a call from a contact it shows a name. When from a non-contact it shows the number.

• snn555

Enhanced caller ID was a toggle switch with in The name ID app. The name ID app requires a subscription.

• dc5fan

All I know is when I got my first call a number came up, and when I put together my Contacts the name of the caller was displayed. It works for me!

• snn555

Your contacts will always show by name in the phone app. Name ID with T-Mobile on T-Mobile branded devices is a screen overlay that displays a name if available instead of a number. There are a couple different versions of the app. Name ID on T-Mobile branded devices usually comes pre-installed where there is another version of name ID on the play Store for non T-Mobile branded devices.

In the past I have used both and sometimes depending on which version you will see the name on your actual phone app screen and on the other version you have to go back to the app to see the name of the caller.

So all of that to say that what you are seeing are contacts that are already in your list that will display their name. so unless you are paying for the subscription monthly you are not actually seeing T-Mobile name ID in action.

Usually whenever you first sign up with T-Mobile or first decide to use the app is on a trial basis for one month I believe. If you sign up for the trial and you will see results for one month before you have to start paying for the subscription. You can only sign up for the trial one time no matter how many devices you go through.

2 of 2 people found this helpful