Anyway to get  coverage increased?

aeguy010

I live in Ohio, zip code 44904 and work in 44903, We switched a while ago have have been very frustrated with the coverage. I have to literally step outside my work to try and send/receive phone calls and texts. Its 2019,  this is what I would have expected in 2000. Ive had Sprint, and Verizon and both were amazing. Is there any resolution to getting the signal boosted? or any future plans to add towers?

Thanks.

John

All replies

• landonloco

Re: Anyway to get  coverage increased?

Well you can ask your work so that they can coordinate with t mobile so they can add a signal booster

• aeguy010

Nice thought, I work for the Government. There would be so much regulation and red tape to make that happen! Great idea though.

• dragon1562

If wifi is available you could utilize wifi calling to send and receive texts/calls. Otherwise, you will have to reach out to T-mobile directly and file a service ticket about the affected location. This can be done by dialing 611 on your T-mobile phone. I do want to ask how the coverage is outside though. Like is it 5 bars and then nothing inside this specific building. If that is the case there may not be much that can be done for a while. Other than ensuring that it is not a device issue. I.e if band 12 is available and your phone doesn't support that frequency kind of deal.

• aeguy010

Hello, WiFi not an option at work. It works spotty ouside of work depending on where I’m standing. It’s concerning as I have 2 children in school and need to have service in case of emergency. Driving to and from work it’s fine. And at home it’s great! I have an iphone 8.

• landonloco

Well installing a signal booster might not work but a DAS antenna trough you have to ask your work to coordinate with t mobile for that, or to ask t mobile to add a small cell close to your work location since it seems your work area is kinda a dead spot. How long do you have to travel to get a least 3 or four bars and  I know that iPhones have a different way of reading signal that's why compared to an android it might almost always seem that you have weaker signal and also the specific model of model you have has a weaker modem. Did you try dropping to 4G to see if you get any signal sometimes 4G can get a bit father than LTE.

• landonloco

May I ask where is your work located at? I would like to check if band 71 is active on the area

• magenta7858238

I know several people who work in office buildings or assembly plants and have problems with cell phone coverage. From what I know, the two biggest reasons for poor connections are distance from a tower and structural materials weakening (and sometimes blocking) the signals from the cell phone towers. Every time your cell signal has to pass through a wall, glass, or any other barrier, it's likely the signal is being reduced. If you're far from a cell tower to begin with, that likely explains your problems. A cell phone booster is an ideal way to fix it, but if your employer won't do so (or if you work in a heavily regulated agency such as a government one), you can try some quick-fixes such as switching your phone from airplane mode and back. There's a site called signalbooster.com that has some good articles on fixing signals (without and with a booster). I've used some of their hints and it actually helps. They also talk about scams to avoid too that say they'll fix the signal, but are a waste of money.