Group Texts

magenta7712992

Ok no one at t mobile and no one at samsung seems to be able to figure this out so here goes, I keep getting group text messages from people that I dont even know and all they keep saying is to change my phone number, I have changed it 3 times and keep getting the same group messages just from different numbers, I have over 300 numbers blocked on my phone trying to stop them but they just keep coming again from different numbers, any one have any ideas?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Group Texts

That is super bizarre! Are you getting these messages in the default messaging app or a 3rd party app? Have you noticed the same types of numbers in the group after you switched out your line?

• magenta7712992

Yes to all the above, stock messaging and yea most of them are coming from 450 area code

• tmo_mike_c

Wow. Theses are actual phone numbers? They're not some automated message?  If these are real numbers with folks having an actual conversation, just seems strange that your number keeps getting included. You don't have it registered with any online services outside of T-Mobile do you?

• magenta7712992

Nope just tmobile, I know it has me stumped and has every one I have stumped, I contacted samsung and they went in and blocked all the ones that had came in on one message and then I got the same thing 3 more times within 24 hours, just different numbers but the same type of messages, trying ti sell me stuff

• tmo_mike_c

This is stumping me too. I looked in some of our internal resources and the only other thing I could find is filing a complaint on the FTC website. It's totally phishing if they're trying to sell you something and there's an option on that site to file a Consumer Complaint. Might be worth it if you haven't done it already.

• magenta7712992

Yep I already done that, they said all they can do is suggest that they stop but if they choose to ignore it then there is not really any thing else they can do unless they are making threats on my life or something along those lines

• tmo_mike_c

Well, shucks, I'm sorry. I thought that would work out better for you. I'm not 100% sure how the sender has your number, otherwise maybe we could come up with a solution to get it to stop we new the sources. Most auto-generated messages that come from short codes are easy to block with what systems we have in place currently. Blocking numbers with the phone's internal option is another solution, but I believe it's only for incoming calls.