MMS won't send, SMS not being received on other end

magenta7775428

I've had trouble sending text messages to several recipients today. SMS messages are all sending, but only some recipients are receiving them. It might be that multipart SMS are the ones not getting through (I haven't tested it.) And I tried to send an MMS repeatedly to someone who had been receiving my SMS fine, and the MMS just would not send. Any idea why? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I tried rebooting the phone, but it didn't help.

I'm using an iPhone X with the very latest iOS build.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta7775428!

Let's see if we can figure out why this is happening! I have a few questions that I need answers to so I understand the situation a little more.

• Are you using the stock Apple messaging app?
        • Is this happening with other iOS and Android users?
        • Does this happen when only connected via WiFi? Our network? Or both?
        • Did this just randomly start happening?
        • Does location matter? Or do you have issues with SMS/MMS no matter where you're at?

I know that's a lot of questions but we'll work together to get to the bottom of this.

• magenta7775428
            • Are you using the stock Apple messaging app?
              • Yes.
            • Is this happening with other iOS and Android users?
              • Uh...I don't know. I'm the only person on my account, and I only have one phone. (Or do you mean to ask if the people receiving messages are iOS/Android. They're all Android users. iOS messages went through iMsg and there was no problem with those.)
            • Does this happen when only connected via WiFi? Our network? Or both?
              • I can't say. I believe I was connected to both network and wifi.
            • Did this just randomly start happening?
              • Yes, for one day only. It's been working since I made the OP.
            • Does location matter? Or do you have issues with SMS/MMS no matter where you're at?
              • I'm not sure. I spent most of that day in the same location.