Surveillance malware?

hoeboe75

Malware has infected my zte blade n has hijacked my phone. It keeps disabling my lookout app n preventing me from updating anything. The fb app is not preinstalled because ive uninstalled it before however it wont let me uninstall it now. It keeps changing my password n making me reset it over n over. Plz help me?

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Surveillance malware?

Do a full factory reset through the phone's recovery, which can usually be accessed through holding Volume Up and Power when turning the device on.  Wipe cache, wipe data, factory reset.  The recovery options can vary from device manufacturer, OS version, and even more so if you are using TWRP and a custom ROM.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • snn555

Search your apps list in app settings.  Select All Apps and System Apps from the options .  Look for any app without a name at the bottom of the list. Uninstall that unnamed app.

Then make sure developer options is turned off in your settings menu. Do not allow side loaded apks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • hoeboe75

I have factory reset my phone wiped the cashe and as soon as I sign into my

Gmail to set up the phone again I'm faced with the same situation. Somehow

everyone of my photos in my Google account show an Africa location all of a

sudden n my lookout is disable immediately n I'm unable to enable it or

uninstall Facebook which is showing as a system app but never has before.

Someone please tell me how to rid myself of this problem whether it's

ransomware, surveillanceware or someone piggy backing me using my phone

number. Do I need to get my number changed to solve this issue? Also can u

decipher this attachment?

• syaoran

Login and change your Google password, factory reset the device again, skip through the setup without logging in to your Google account, and disable internet access to the device.  Check the Google Play Store from the web and disable automatic installing and updating of apps and disable backup restoring.  While you are in there, remove any suspect apps from your library.  Open the Play Store, enable your data for it to load, go to settings, and stop anything from installing and change the setting to not automatically install or update apps. 

1 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_chris

Hey hoeboe75 I know it is a lot but did you do the steps that syaoran suggested?

• tmo_mike_c

You've gotten some great suggestions from our fellow members. Please test them out and let us know if they help. Thanks!