No Coverage on Vieques in Puerto Rico

mikeschumann

i  arrived on the island of Vieques in Puerto RI o 12 hours ago. There is NO T-Mobile coverage ANYWHERE on this island for the last year since the hurricane. Verizon, Sprint, and ATT all have coverage. I spent hours last night with T-Mobile support on Facebook troubleshooting the problem..They insist that everything is OK. I can’t even get them to open a ticket.

The most disa T-Mobile experience I have had in 10+ years.

All replies

• mikeschumann

Re: No Coverage on Vieques in Puerto Rico

I was at the south side of Vieques today and had LTE service. Got back to the north side of the island an absolutely NO service.

• landonloco

Also did you try to manually connect to the t mobile network sometimes the phone get stuck without been able to connect to the signal I actually had a lady that she had this problem she was on no service when the area has full t mobile coverage I just manually connected and voila t mobile LTE appeared

• tmo_mike_c

Are you still having trouble on the North side? If you scan for networks on the phone, do any show up and allow you to connect?

• mikeschumann

There is absolutely NO T-Mobile coverage on the north side of Vieques.  I am in the middle of the main town near the ferry crossing, and when I manually select networks, T-Mobile is not an option.  According to your coverage map this area is suppose to have good coverage.

You Facebook support team tells me you are having a power problem at the tower on this side of the island.  It's now been at least 4 days and no coverage.  This needs to be escalated and fixed.  There isn't any coverage at the airport or the ferry dock, so when you arrive here, you can't even call a taxi.

Why is T-Mobile out of service, but AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint all work fine?

• landonloco

Vieques I believe only has coverage on most urban part of the town I believe it has like only two towers one LTE and the other 2G I am not sure and also what phone you have 600mzh is active on the island so that should help with coverage