LTE icon is on but no data

lolnumberfour

This problem started yesterday. Up until yesterday, my data worked perfectly. Now whenever I turn my data on, the LTE icon shows up as usual. Except I still can't connect to the internet. This is an area where the data has worked previously. My phone shows that the data is only transmitting at the rate of 5kb/s. I've tried to turn airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, and restart my phone. Nothing worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

All replies

• snn555

Re: LTE icon is on but no data

I have run into the same similar situation. In fact in my area where I was having the problem there was a lot of network modernization going on with the towers where the signal was perfectly fine but the data transmission was awfully slow.

I was able to reach out to T-Mobile on social media or you could give them a phone call at 611 and they were able to tell me this information regarding my area.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • landonloco

It probably a backhoul issue it happens when there is modernization or some outage with the tower does Internet work if you drop to 4G and how are calls and texts can you make them with no issues or there is delay on texts or calls cut in and out or takes longer to connect

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_amanda

Hey, lolnumberfour!

You've already tried the basic troubleshooting steps -- thank you! Can you share with me what zip code this usually happens in? Does it happen outside of a 10-mile radius of that zip code? Or how far do you have to travel to see faster speeds? I'll take a look at the area as soon as I have more info.