Rate Plan changed promising the same price and everything but oh surprise!

alexgtz

I had a plan with 5 lines and I was paying $140 a month including one line with insurance, it was like that for years, until I went to a t mobile store and decided to add a line, they switched me to a TE@Work Plan and promised me that I was going to keep all my promotions, (I was getting 2 lines free promo and $10 discount on any line that would use less than 2GB of Internet a month, plus I was getting Netflix, and the T-mobile One Plus Promo) and  they told me that I would be paying the same $140 plus the new line ($10 or $20 depending on the internet usage) Well, first bill comes and its way higher, I called and they gave me a credit and said they would check into it, next month, the same thing.... and so on, so last month they told me that I had to pay the whole thing because the plan had changed and I couldn't go back to the old plan with the promotions.... I went to the same T mobile store and the manager promised to do something about it, well, that was a week ago and no one has called, i don't see a credit on my account, no updates. how can I go back to the same plan I had?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

This is totally something we could have clarified better before making the plan change. Normally there's gonna be a small increase in the bill when you add a line. To get you switched back, we'll need you to Contact Us and our Care folks can take care of this.

• alexgtz

I have contacted Tmobile so many times asking them to put me back on the same plan that I had and just charge me for the extra line on that plan, but they claim they don't have that plan anymore, that they could give me something similar but no free lines. I don't know who else I need to contact to get back to the same everything I had.

• teriscudder

That's the thing.  I agreed to the plan change after being assured repeatedly by the "expert" rep that it would be exactly the same as I had, but at a lower cost.  I asked her multiple times and was told it was actually better data, because it was unlimited.  Four separate "expert" reps and technicians assured me that the two plans had the same data, but they were completely wrong.  And now won't just give me back what I had at the same price.   It seems so unfair.

On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 7:57:37 PM EST, alexgtz <no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote: 

#yiv2818989088 * #yiv2818989088 a #yiv2818989088 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv2818989088 #yiv2818989088 h1, #yiv2818989088 h2, #yiv2818989088 h3, #yiv2818989088 h4, #yiv2818989088 h5, #yiv2818989088 h6, #yiv2818989088 p, #yiv2818989088 hr {}#yiv2818989088 .yiv2818989088button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

Rate Plan changed promising the same price and everything but oh surprise!

reply from alexgtz in Account & services - View the full discussion

I have contacted Tmobile so many times asking them to put me back on the same plan that I had and just charge me for the extra line on that plan, but they claim they don't have that plan anymore, that they could give me something similar but no free lines. I don't know who else I need to contact to get back to the same everything I had.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Rate Plan changed promising the same price and everything but oh surprise! in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

• tmo_mike_c

Well shucks, sorry this happened. Do you know if this was tied to a promo? That's the only reason I can think of that it wouldn't be available. Do you know the exact name of the plan you were on? Our T-Force folks can normally help with issues like this, but only if the plan is still available to change to.

• teriscudder

I had a similar awful experience and after being with T-Mobile for over 15 years, I'm actively looking for a new carrier.  I had a plan until December that worked fine, no issues with data streaming.  I called in December to have two lines that I'd used for tablets removed from my account, and the representative suggested I could save even more with the 55 and over plan.  I felt great about it!  But surprise - despite me asking repeatedly if that would change my data being being assured that it wouldn't, the 55 plan blocks netflix and youtube streaming - not slows it, blocks it.  So after many, many hours on the phone with multiple techs and doing many things to my phone, i asked to be switched back to what i had before and instantly could get to netflix and youtube again, but at a higher cost than i had in December.   So I spent hours on the phone again and they gave me a grandfathered price plan and, although they assured me it was equivalent to what i had before, it had a 6g data cap, which my son flew through.  So tonight I called and for an additional $20/month more than I paid in December, ($240/year) I can get what I had before I called them in the first place.   I hate switching anything, which is why I'm still with T-Mobile, but this is the last straw.

• barcodeable

Im very interested in adding a line to my plan... but im scared I will be a victim of the “Plan change by mistake scheme” like you experienced. It’s not a T-Mobile scheme.... many cell providers salesman use this tactic to get you to switch plans to increase the store’s bottom line. I hope you can get your plan back fully. I tell the reps put a note in my file NOT TO CHANGE MY PLAN.  I would hate to go into a T-Mobile store to add a tablet line and they switch me to the T-Mobile Essential Plan because they say I told them I wanted to “Save Money”. Everyone wants to save money, just don’t change my plan...lol

T-Mobile should put some sort of verification step in place to make sure the consumer is 100% aware their plan will change... many customers are not aware of the plan change until there is a downgrade in service, or an increase in price (gotcha).

have a paper labeled “PLAN WILL CHANGE FORM” signed by the customer and rep.... so there are no mistakes about what is occuring... if my mom was still with T-Mobile, a rep would have already persuaded her to change her plan... because she believes the Customer Service Representative because she doesn’t know that they are at the end of the day “salesmen and women”.