LGV20 unable to turn on due to being stuck in firmware update

bethyboom

So, I've done the following troubleshooting methods, but came across with no results:

removing the battery for 30 seconds, insert battery, plug in charger, turn on phone, soft reset with volume down and power button - this brought me to the screen that said something like "Welcome to unlocking the phone" or something like that..basically telling me if i wanted to unlock my locked phone, which i don't because that would take me off the warranty, and I don't have coverage on my phone. So,trying to avoid doing that.

i also want to try to avoid losing everything on my phone, as i havent done a recent backup yet. if i absolutely have to, then i am left with no choice, i guess.

i've also tried downloading the LG User Support Tool, and followed the directions, but it couldn't locate my device model in the drop down menu, and when i found what could have been the closest one (had a letter off), it still could not be connected to the server.

When i try to troubleshoot through my phone with the firmware update, i was able to somehow get to another screen that listed four options, viewing my phone info (which it wouldnt let me), accessing/connecting to wifi server (it did a quick search, but no results), power off, and then to go back to the previous screen which is the firmware update screen.

Please tell me someone else has this issue and has come to a solution.

prior to this, my phone wasn't charging correctly, while on the charger it would constantly disconnect and reconnect. i restarted my phone one time and it fixed the problem for a week and then started again today. no previous other issues and i am due for an upgrade.

All replies