Who's waiting on the Samsung X???

magenta7512207

So what are y'all thinking is going to be the pros and cons?

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Who's waiting on the Samsung X???

The holes in the screen for the cameras is a deal breaker for me.  The 5G modem version of the 10 X won't be released until later in the year. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • snn555

A con is it is a VZW exclusive...at least the 5G version.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • snn555

Pardon but I may have been thinking about the Samsung S10. The x may not be a Verizon exclusive but the S10 at least the 5G version is supposed to be a Verizon exclusive.

However giving the pricing structure of the S10 with the S10 plus all the way up to 13, 15 $1,600 I can only imagine the x is going to be just short of $2,000.

For those of us with house payments and car payments and other bills, doing that "adulting" thing this is not something that's really in the budget.

I'm thinking of it such as $200 in taxes down plus another $500 down payment and then $40 a month for three years.

Oh noooooooo!

• syaoran

The pricing isn't a surprise.  The trend of $1800 elite flagships, like the Mate RS and so on.  People seem to have and or want to spend ridiculous sums of money on devices and Samsung wants a piece of that market.  Personally. I wouldn't unless the device is exactly what I would want in a device, but that has yet to ever happen. 

I do hope this market trend brings a lot of the more value oriented companies, like Xiaomi, to carriers.  The Mi Mix 3 is a device that ticks a lot of the right boxes for me, but comes in at under $800.  As long as people are willing to spend $1800+ on a device, companies will make them.