Lost Phone

glengoins

How do I use my Lookout Service to locate my phone?

All replies

• snn555

Re: Lost Phone

https://personal.support.lookout.com/hc/en-us/articles/114094214213-What-do-I-do-if-my-phone-is-lost-or-stolen-

Or if you are using an Android you can just search "where's my phone?" And you'll be taken to the location finder page.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • syaoran

In order for what snn55 mentioned tonwork, location must be enabled on the device for that app to locate your device.  You should report your device missing to T-Mobile as soon as possible.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • snn555

Find my device is active on Android phones by default. You can download the app to the phone but that is only useful if you're trying to find a different phone. The past few iterations of Android OS have had this as a system application.

• syaoran

It is, but it is also dependent on other Android services, like Location.  I have location disabled on my Note 9 and Find My Device will not locate it.  Once I allow it permission, it pops up within a minute. 

For those of us who value their privacy, restricting what the does can impact other things that some might not realize.  There are also settings that cannstop the Find My Device from working within a Google Account as well.