Doubling up on Netflix?

310-993-1322

Was signing up for the Netflix benefit when the T-Mobile system seemed to quit.  After waiting three minutes for a response from T-Mobile's Netflix sign up page, I went back to "My T-Mobile" and it appeared that I had successfully signed up.  I then went to Netflix, and they didn't seem to know about my membership, so I filled out their paperwork using the exact same email address and telephone number as I had used at T-Mobile.  Yes, I have Netflix service now on my TV, but I'm afraid I might be paying twice - once to T-Mobile and once to Netflix.  I spoke with Netflix, and they tell me it's a T-Mobile issue.  I called T-Mobile and found out they were undergoing a system update last night, so the "experts" were not then able to help me.  I tried again today on the "chat" line, and I was told I had a "business account" and therefore the chat would not be able to help me.  So I'm now trying here.  Help!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Doubling up on Netflix?

unfortunately my promo plan does not include Netflix however I did try to find some information for the terms of this offer and the best I can figure is that once you have a Netflix subscription and you link it to your T-Mobile account then T-Mobile credits your account that same amount. I don't believe it's like a Netflix subscription within T-Mobile so you still have to pay Netflix the T-Mobile reimburses you on your bill. If someone else can chime in a confirm or better inform that be great.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • madgentleman4teatimeparty

Well im not sure about this, check out my large post below this one and I have detailed what I recently did to sign up with no bill charges, no reimbersals, no fricken bill crediting, just good ol fashioned signing up THROUGH the app and or the website T-Mobile.com..and then checking after 24 hours with netfix and or T-Mobile,  as far as if your membership will be covered, hell bro, cancel your  original, paid membership so u dont get billed, simple, i didnt lose any data from my original acct,   my lists were still there, password was the same as it was i mean, cancel it, its a win win 4 u if u do, look as long as u dont get billed right, then hey hey hey, kick your original to the curb because it will all be waiting 4 u after u fo sho sign up through the app, sooo ya.... .  hope it helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • madgentleman4teatimeparty

I dunno about all the "bill credits" or reimbursement  procedures, i simply signed up THROUGH the T mobile app for nextflix and voila! There it was all said and done, no cashola less, and i been watchin for weeks now, now i had netflix before, i just let my account lapse by non payment to "netflix" and just resigned up through the app,  you can do this also through the website i belive.  Later i decided to upgrade to the 13.99 a month package so i would end up paying 3 bucks a month, this also was accomplished by  usage of the website, (app)....VOILA ITS NOT HARD, I JUST READ THE RULES WHICH IS ALSO CALLED THE FINE PRINT THAT WAS PLAINLY WRITTEN  ON THE WEBSITE AND APP BOTH,   after that it was cake to rejoin and re- log in to my smart t.v,  tablet, pc, and phone..  Booyahhh. * p0of*  is your minds now blown or what?? Message me at xxxxx if you still need help and I promise to personally walk you through the process!  * mike drop*  peace out y'all!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 310-993-1322

We want the $3.00 per month upgraded plan.  The Netflix account I created at Netflix was on a "free month" basis, so I have a few weeks to get this sorted out.  I do thank everyone here for their advice.  Sounds like I should just cancel the Netflix-created account, as suggested here, and re-apply at T-Mobile....

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

Were you able to successfully get signed up for Netflix or are you still having issues?

• 310-993-1322

I guess I won't know until I get billed by both T-Mobile and Netflix....  Should I cancel the subscription at Netflix (that I signed up for mistakenly) or has that been handled by T-Mobile?  (When I spoke with Netflix they said this needed to be handled by T-Mobile.)

• 310-993-1322

As I said in my original post here, I first used the link provided by T-Mobile, but it seemed to "time out."  I later learned that T-Mobile was undergoing a system upgrade at the time.  I have Netflix on my television, but I don't know if I'm going to be charged twice for it.  I just bought a new television, and got one free month at Netflix.  So, if I've got two accounts they would be with the same phone and same email address.  Should I cancel the account at the Netflix site - or just leave everything alone and T-Mobile will pick up the billing?

• 310-993-1322

It does not - so I guess I cancel what I have there?