Doubling up on Netflix?

310-993-1322

Was signing up for the Netflix benefit when the T-Mobile system seemed to quit.  After waiting three minutes for a response from T-Mobile's Netflix sign up page, I went back to "My T-Mobile" and it appeared that I had successfully signed up.  I then went to Netflix, and they didn't seem to know about my membership, so I filled out their paperwork using the exact same email address and telephone number as I had used at T-Mobile.  Yes, I have Netflix service now on my TV, but I'm afraid I might be paying twice - once to T-Mobile and once to Netflix.  I spoke with Netflix, and they tell me it's a T-Mobile issue.  I called T-Mobile and found out they were undergoing a system update last night, so the "experts" were not then able to help me.  I tried again today on the "chat" line, and I was told I had a "business account" and therefore the chat would not be able to help me.  So I'm now trying here.  Help!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Doubling up on Netflix?

unfortunately my promo plan does not include Netflix however I did try to find some information for the terms of this offer and the best I can figure is that once you have a Netflix subscription and you link it to your T-Mobile account then T-Mobile credits your account that same amount. I don't believe it's like a Netflix subscription within T-Mobile so you still have to pay Netflix the T-Mobile reimburses you on your bill. If someone else can chime in a confirm or better inform that be great.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • madgentleman4teatimeparty

Well im not sure about this, check out my large post below this one and I have detailed what I recently did to sign up with no bill charges, no reimbersals, no fricken bill crediting, just good ol fashioned signing up THROUGH the app and or the website T-Mobile.com..and then checking after 24 hours with netfix and or T-Mobile,  as far as if your membership will be covered, hell bro, cancel your  original, paid membership so u dont get billed, simple, i didnt lose any data from my original acct,   my lists were still there, password was the same as it was i mean, cancel it, its a win win 4 u if u do, look as long as u dont get billed right, then hey hey hey, kick your original to the curb because it will all be waiting 4 u after u fo sho sign up through the app, sooo ya.... .  hope it helps.

• madgentleman4teatimeparty

I dunno about all the "bill credits" or reimbursement  procedures, i simply signed up THROUGH the T mobile app for nextflix and voila! There it was all said and done, no cashola less, and i been watchin for weeks now, now i had netflix before, i just let my account lapse by non payment to "netflix" and just resigned up through the app,  you can do this also through the website i belive.  Later i decided to upgrade to the 13.99 a month package so i would end up paying 3 bucks a month, this also was accomplished by  usage of the website, (app)....VOILA ITS NOT HARD, I JUST READ THE RULES WHICH IS ALSO CALLED THE FINE PRINT THAT WAS PLAINLY WRITTEN  ON THE WEBSITE AND APP BOTH,   after that it was cake to rejoin and re- log in to my smart t.v,  tablet, pc, and phone..  Booyahhh. * p0of*  is your minds now blown or what?? Message me at xxxxx if you still need help and I promise to personally walk you through the process!  * mike drop*  peace out y'all!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 310-993-1322

We want the $3.00 per month upgraded plan.  The Netflix account I created at Netflix was on a "free month" basis, so I have a few weeks to get this sorted out.  I do thank everyone here for their advice.  Sounds like I should just cancel the Netflix-created account, as suggested here, and re-apply at T-Mobile....

• tmo_amanda

Hey there!

Were you able to successfully get signed up for Netflix or are you still having issues?

• 310-993-1322

I guess I won't know until I get billed by both T-Mobile and Netflix....  Should I cancel the subscription at Netflix (that I signed up for mistakenly) or has that been handled by T-Mobile?  (When I spoke with Netflix they said this needed to be handled by T-Mobile.)

• 310-993-1322

As I said in my original post here, I first used the link provided by T-Mobile, but it seemed to "time out."  I later learned that T-Mobile was undergoing a system upgrade at the time.  I have Netflix on my television, but I don't know if I'm going to be charged twice for it.  I just bought a new television, and got one free month at Netflix.  So, if I've got two accounts they would be with the same phone and same email address.  Should I cancel the account at the Netflix site - or just leave everything alone and T-Mobile will pick up the billing?

• magentatechie

If you log in to the Netflix website, click your profile icon in the upper right hand corner, and select "Account", you will be able to see your billing preferences here.  If your free Netflix was set up successfully, it should say this:

Capture.JPG

• 310-993-1322

It does not - so I guess I cancel what I have there?