Owensboro Coverage

magentakluck

Get no service heading out of Owensboro on Highway 81 in between Calhoun and Owensboro. Lose signal about half way down 81. No service in Whitesville or right out side of Philpot. Now having service issues in Thruston ( Yellow Creek Park, Reid Road, HWY 144) and it seems this area has gotten much worse. I have no service on Thruston Dermont which is right off of Highway 54, our busiest street in town by far. Have reached out multiple times but our service has gotten worse over the past year or so and seems to not be getting any better.

Owensboro KY, Absolutely great in town but seems to have slipped for some reason.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Owensboro Coverage

magentakluck

Thanks for taking the time to post to our community! Looking at the areas, the coverage is more dense in the populated portions but does thin out along the highways to the less populated areas. We still have coverage in all of those locations but it is limited to the 700 MHZ. What kind of phone are you using currently?

• magentakluck

The map may show coverage but I was out there all of last week and had no service at all, I've checked the map too and it shows fair but after being out there that is mis-leading. I am using the Iphone XS Max and my friend was using a Galaxy Note 9 who had the same issue. I am wanting to bring this to your attention because this is an expanding area and has a lot of people traveling especially in Thruston and HWY 81. I want you all to address this for you because I HATE AT&T but they are covered well in these areas so people hesitate to switch when I tell them about you when they have service and I don't. From what I hear there is a new tower going in the area of New Hartford road that should be operational around the 23rd of January, but I feel that there are other areas you may be able to lease on and expand in to the county even more. Philpot which is a weak area has been proposed to be pushed in to the Owensboro city limits and has grown by large increments in the last 2-3 years. There is a cell tower located in between Jones road and Lane road both of which are off of Reid road where I had no service( I believe this is a Sprint owned Tower) if there were a tower placed there with 700MHZ then it would expand that coverage filling the void on the Eastern side of the county which is growing exponentially. Is there any word on a 600MHZ deployment near our town in the near future or ever for that matter?

• tmo_chris

We definitely appreciate the feedback on this and if there are areas our map says you should have coverage (even if it is fair) and you are unable to get coverage while outdoors or in a car, our team of experts folks over the phone can definitely investigate further via a network support ticket as both those devices should be able to take advantage of the 700 Mhz.

As for 600, I do not see anything on the immediate horizon but that is not to say that it will never happen.

• dwh367

There is a cell tower located in between Jones road and Lane road both of which are off of Reid road where I had no service( I believe this is a Sprint owned Tower)

You are correct.

• dwh367

A friend of my daughter's just moved to the Colony Estates (Keenland Parkway and Graham Lane) and I can verify the signal in that area is useless.  My daughter and I are on T-Mobile and my daughter's friend and her mom are on MetroPCS.  I have never gotten coverage on the 700 MHz band anywhere here in the Owensboro area and my phone is compatible.   This has been verified by another friend of mine who also has a compatible phone.  We both know how to tell what band we're running on we've never seen it connect to anything other than band 2.  Something's not right somewhere.

• magentakluck

I agree and this is a growing part of town that needs to be covered, heck Owensboro is growing in general and I want to be a great advocate for T-Mobile but the people that live out here or have to go this way to work every day wouldn't switch from something that works to something that doesn't. On another note you all were talking about a new tower in the area of New Hartford road and I can tell that it is being tested, I now get coverage much farther in to Utica than prior experiences. I hope that you expand the eastern part of the county to cover those troublesome areas that are growing in population.