Unlock App says not eligible, App not functional

bm441

Unlock App says not eligible I've called support and they've have stated I am eligible every time. I have not been provided unlock codes. I have been calling support for a week. I am out of the country without any mobile data.

I've met the prepaid eligibility, $100, 4+mo etc. I own my device.

moto e5 plus, the Unlock app refuses to unlock the device, I've tried the factory reset, and clearing data caches. nothing is working. And calling support gets me in an unless loop of techs saying they will "email me within 24 hours"... and then nothing happens.

I've called 12/28, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4

Please someone unlock this device.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Unlock App says not eligible, App not functional

There is no code for unlocking an Android on T-Mobile with the unlock app. You took the correct steps with clearing the cache and such things like that however you need to be on native T-Mobile data and not Wi-Fi.

TMobile can unlock the device almost instantly through a phone call or even social media but you must be on the T-Mobile network.

I have used several T-Mobile branded devices and had T-Mobile unlock the device by a phone call or social Media chat and then use the app and it went through.

It'ss almost as if T-Mobile has to unlock the device in the system then the app checks with T-Mobile and unlocks the phone.  It's kind of like the app doesn't make the connection with the system to actually unlock the phone.

• bm441

Thanks

Well, I was on the phone with support they said I must wait 5-7days now. I am out of the US traveling. so I'm not going to be on their network anytime soon.

I was hoping they had some backup system that involved codes. Because now my only option is to buy a new device here. They didn't give me any reasons as to why I was not eligible, ever tech I spoke to said it "should have worked". Even a temporarily unlock would have been good enough to get me thought my travels, and back in the US on their network. (i'm still paying while out of the country)

• syaoran

Did you purchase your device directly from T-Mobile or did you buy it from a third party?  Outside of meeting one of the conditions to qualify for the unlock.  Have you meet all of the qualifications to unlock the device? 

• snn555

See also

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588#secondheading

I'm not sure why it does not State anything about being in the United States when you request the unlock be permanent or temporary however I know that one must be on the T-Mobile network even in the United States for the unlock app to work. I have never successfully had any phone unlocked over Wi-Fi. This is why I would be skeptical of this working in another country be it on Wi-Fi or whether it was on a partner Network.

• tmo_chris

5-7 days? Is sounds like they are filing an unlock request and getting the code from the manufacturer. Please do let us know how it goes. You should get an email as soon as the request is completed.

• bm441

Their response was to deny:

"The account must meet the following criteria:

1. Account must be Active.

2. IMEI must show usage on the requested line.

3. Must have $100.00 or more refill since first use date of device on requested line.

* Initial Payment does not apply to the refill requirement.

4. No more than 2 unlock requests in the past 12 month.

5. The $100 in total refills is required for each device that is requesting to be unlocked.

"

Per https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1588#secondheading

Unlock eligibility for phones, tablets, and mobile Internet devices on Prepaid plans

*The account associated with the device must not be canceled.

*The device on the requesting line has been active for more than one year on the T-Mobile network.

*If the device has been active for less than one year on the requesting line, the Prepaid account associated with the device must have had more than $100 in refills since device first use date. $100 in total refills is required for each device that is requested to be unlocked and does not include the initial activation payment.

Which makes no scene, they don't say which item # I failed to full fill, according to their policy from the above link, bullet point 1 is good, 2 is good and 3 is good.

my account payments:

9/15 40 (lets assuming this one is the one that doesn't count")

10/15 40

11/15 40

12/15 40

12/29 80 (A credit balance!)

= $200 as still no unlock ability. This company is rubbish and are very inconsistent with their responses.

• bm441

Sorry typed to quickly:  bullet point #1 is good, #2 is overridden by #3 being full-filled.

• magenta6439358

Well I do not understand. I have the right to unlock it is my phone not the company's anymore. 

Would you escalate the issue to upper management.  

I need this done.

Thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 3:45 PM, bm441<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv6840121236 * #yiv6840121236 a #yiv6840121236 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv6840121236 #yiv6840121236 h1, #yiv6840121236 h2, #yiv6840121236 h3, #yiv6840121236 h4, #yiv6840121236 h5, #yiv6840121236 h6, #yiv6840121236 p, #yiv6840121236 hr {}#yiv6840121236 .yiv6840121236button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

reply from bm441 in Account & services - View the full discussion

Sorry typed to quickly:  bullet point #1 is good, #2 is overridden by #3 being full-filled.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Start a new discussion in Account & services by email or at T-Mobile Support

Following Unlock App says not eligible, App not functional in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by T-Mobile Support because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• tmo_chris

Oh no! I am so sorry bm441. At this point, I would strongly recommend that you speak with our T-Force folks on Facebook or Twitter using the links in my signature. They will be able to look at this SIM unlock request and compare it to your account to see what happened and escalate it if necessary.

• magenta6439358

I do not have Facebook or Twitter account. 

I need it fixed.  I have never had this happen before.  I need it to be escalated.

Thanks 

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 11:19 AM, tmo_chris<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:  

#yiv7917819387 * #yiv7917819387 a #yiv7917819387 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7917819387 #yiv7917819387 h1, #yiv7917819387 h2, #yiv7917819387 h3, #yiv7917819387 h4, #yiv7917819387 h5, #yiv7917819387 h6, #yiv7917819387 p, #yiv7917819387 hr {}#yiv7917819387 .yiv7917819387button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

|

reply from tmo_chris in Account & services - View the full discussion

Oh no! I am so sorry bm441. At this point, I would strongly recommend that you speak with our T-Force folks on Facebook or Twitter using the links in my signature. They will be able to look at this SIM unlock request and compare it to your account to see what happened and escalate it if necessary.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on T-Mobile Support

Following Unlock App says not eligible, App not functional in these streams: Inbox

You may unsubscribe instantly from T-Mobile Support, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

• bm441

I also do not have social media accounts, so I talked to phone support once again. I was told they are going to "white list" my phones IMIE, and I'll have to wait 72 hours again. (24 days after I started this request).  Their email response was to again "use the app". I've told them a million times, the application does not work. It is broken, defective. I tired it again just to be sure. The application always says the device is not eligible for unlock. This should not be a multi day process, there should be a backup that uses a code, or some other method. What happens when I don't have a SIM card, or I cancel my account, how do I SIM Unlock this device. This is completely unacceptable from a carrier.

• tmo_chris

Hey bm441

How long has it been since you contacted support? I am super sorry that you are having to go through so much to get the device unlocked

• magenta6439358

It has been 2 weeks. And I am still not able to get it unlocked.  Now I am out of country, I will have to deal with it when I come back.

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 10:36 PM, tmo_chris<no-reply@t-mobile.com> wrote:   

#yiv1322646088 * #yiv1322646088 a #yiv1322646088 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv1322646088 #yiv1322646088 h1, #yiv1322646088 h2, #yiv1322646088 h3, #yiv1322646088 h4, #yiv1322646088 h5, #yiv1322646088 h6, #yiv1322646088 p, #yiv1322646088 hr {}#yiv1322646088 .yiv1322646088button td {}

|

T-Mobile Support

|

reply from tmo_chris in Account & services - View the full discussion

Hey bm441

How long has it been since you contacted support? I am super sorry that you are having to go through so much to get the device unlocked

• bm441

I am back on the US network and tried the application. It still says not eligible to unlock. I went to the store today and the rep there called their support line. The response was to for me to wait 24-hours and try again. This is so frustrating, they keep telling me to wait 24,72,48 hours repetitively, and nothing is solving the problem.

Some additional trouble shooting info: Android application version: 1.2.33 on Moto e5 Plus.

• bm441

if anyone is getting the same run around, and is sure they have met the eligibility requirements. File a complaint with the FCC regarding equipment unlock. There is no way to escalate the issue within the phone/internet/in-person support, no matter how many times you ask, and get replies saying they're going to "email" someone who will "white" list the device it wont happen. Filing a FCC complaint is the only option with this company.

#neverbuylocked

1 of 1 people found this helpful