Huawai P10 Lite

hp_

My Iphone broke and I decided to use Huawei P10 lite right now. It shows very low signal, and I had to call to Tmobile customer service, they really almost did not hear me, connection was very terrible. What's my options? I feel like they not really into each other, Huaway and Tmobile.

All replies

• snn555

Re: Huawai P10 Lite

Huawei is frowned upon in the US.

T-Mobile won't sell the phones.

Those phones lack wide compatibility with T-Mobile.

• drnewcomb2

Which model of P10? (e.g. LX1, LX2, LX3...)

When you BYOD, you assume the risk that it might not be compatible.

• hp_

P10 Lite WAS-LX1

Thanks!

• drnewcomb2

According to GSMarena.com, these are the bands on the LX1:

2G bands    GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2

3G bands    HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100

4G bands    LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800)

Of these, T-Mobile uses GSM 1900 and/or HSDPA 1900 in most markets but not all.

They don't use any of the LTE bands listed. In fact LTE bands 1, 3, 8 & 20 are not used in North America at all. Band 7 is used in Canada but not the US.

In short, the LX1 is designed for use in Europe and Asia, not for North America.

The phone might work better on AT&T (or Cricket) because AT&T has deployed either HSDPA 850 or 1900 in just about every market. T-Mobile only has 850 MHz in Myrtle Beach, SC and has to rely much more on LTE for basic connections.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • snn555

So another words this is not the phone you need.

• hp_

Thank you so much!

• degeeb

I bought an Honor 6 a year ago. The sim reader quit for some reason (determined by a VERY nice lady at T Mobile). It had worked well until then and was compatible (researched first). It was under warranty so after chatting with someone, I sent it for repair. It came back with a note stating that it had water damage so the warranty was void. Took it to a repair shop for a look. They said there was NO water damage but the frame was bent.
                        Not only does Huawai make lousy products and have lousy service, they lie.
                        If you can get a refund, do so.