T-mobile app for Android -- cannot log in

rwr-prepaid

I've just downloaded the T-Mobile app for Android, but I cannot log in. I've tried with my phone number (with and without hyphens), then my password from my my.t-mobile online account. This always sends back an error message that says "The App is experiencing difficulties. Log in using T-Mobile's App optimized web page." I can go to the T-Mobile web page and log in, but that doesn't help activate the app or log me in. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Trying "Forget Password" does not help either. After the error message (above), I get a page that says "Sorry, something is not quite right here. Unfortunately the T-Mobile App is not available at this time due to technical difficulties. Please try back later." But this hasn't changed over 2 days. I have a MotoG4+ phone running Android 7.0. Thanks.

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: T-mobile app for Android -- cannot log in

I am also on a prepaid plan. I just tried the app on my phone (Stylo 3 Plus), and it seems to be working. The account section for the site is having problems. The only thing that I can suggest is calling Customer Service @ 611, and select TROUBLESHOOTING, I think that is option 4. There might be some other ways, but I have no clue for those.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey there, rwr-prepaid!

Our app has had its ups and downs lately and I'm sorry it's impacting you. I saw a few app issues that we had over the weekend and wanted to have you test out the app today to see if it's still behaving the same way. Can you let me know if you're able to log into the app now? If not, I'd recommend following the steps that dc5fan posted above to get in touch with us to report the issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • mstieg

Thanks for the response, but the app continues to NOT work.  Upon entering

my "The app is experiencing difficulties.  Login using T-Mobile's App

optimized web page."  it then changes screens to "Sorry, something is not

quite right here.  Unfortunately the T-Mobile App is not available at

this time due to technical difficulties.  Please try back later".  I uninstalled & reinstalled the app today BTW.  It failed me over a month ago as well so I went to a store.  I'm now on vacation with family and nearest store is 2 hours away.

By the way, I cannot log in online as directed because my service is not working - text or calls (hence

the need to log in & check some settings), and web login requires a TEXT to validate my phone number.  I

cannot receive this text message because service is down.  Catch 22.

Customer support claimed they are unable to send an email to validate. 

Unbelievable.

*edit:  I responded to an email which posted this message.  Good thing I found it because my phone number was posted publicly online without my knowing!  Happy to contribute to the cause on this thread, but a head's up would've been nice.  Perhaps I missed some fine print somewhere.  Hits keep coming.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, mstieg! I'm not too sure where a phone number is posted in this thread as we're pretty good about getting personal info removed, but thank you for replying. If your service isn't working, that's a bit of a different topic than this thread. However, that's still something we need to get handled. Only our Care team via 611 or T-Force via Facebook/Twitter will be able to review your account to see why you're unable to text/call. Please give that a shot to see if they can get everything back up and running.

rwr-prepaid, thanks for getting back to me! I'm glad you're able to access your account now. Have you tried following these steps:

Check usage/expiration

1. Open the app from the Home screen and tap Account.
                  2. View the information on the My Account screen.

Our prepaid app has been going through some major upgrades and bug fixes. I checked the status of the updates and they're expecting to have everything updated by the end of this month. dc5fan is a big help when it comes to our prepaid stuff and can maybe provide other steps to check your balance that I'm not aware of.

• rwr-prepaid

Thanks for asking tmo_amanda. I no longer have the log in problem, but the app still doesn't work for me. None of the links at the bottom (home, account, bill, etc) work. When I tap/touch them, no reaction. The links going down the page (review your balance, refill, call us, etc.) work in the sense that they take me to a new page, but the pages are blank. For example, tapping "Review your balance" takes me to a page with "Account details" written at the top but the rest of the page is blank. Oh, it looks like if I wait long enough (a minute?), I get a message that says "Webpage not available." So I guess it is trying to do something and failing. 

It sounds like you are not certain if the app does make a way for prepaid customers to see a usage/charge history. I could follow up with dc5fan about that, as you recommend. Otherwise, I guess my original question about logging in is no longer a problem. That the app doesn't work is another issue, but unless it can show usage history, I don't have to have it.

• rwr-prepaid

Thanks, tmo_amanda, Yes, I tried to log in today and it worked except that it said my password was wrong (it was not). So I clicked on Forgot Password and made a new one. (When I tried to use the one just rejected it said I couldn't use a password I had already used.) So now I'm "in." But the app still really isn't functioning. Now of the links at the bottom respond (Home, Account, Bill, etc.). "Refill using your credit" takes me to a new page but it is blank. And "Review your balance" either brings up a blank page or an error message ("Webpage not available")

By the way, what I'm hoping it so find a way to see my prepaid usage. There are times when my credit seems to evaporate much faster than my perceived usage. I don't doubt that it is right, but it would be nice to see some record of call minutes and texts by months to reassure me that I am not being overcharged. It seems there is no way on the web site to find a record of usage for a prepaid plan. I had some hope that the app would do that. Is that true or not?

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if any additional help is needed.

• rwr-prepaid

Thanks, tmo_chris. I have just sent an update to tmo_amanda. I don't have a problem logging in now, but the app hasn't worked for me. Do you know if the working app allows a prepaid customer to see a record of his usage (like minutes used per month, dates, etc.). I would like to see this at times to justified the balance remaining in my account. Sometimes my credit disappears faster than my memory of using it. I can't find that info on the web site, but in reading some support threads I got the idea that the app my give more information. If it doesn't, then I really don't have a need for the app to work.

• dc5fan

I just checked the my t-mobile site for account details, and it's not working for me at this time. The app is. I can see how many minutes I have left, and from what I can see the same info if I was on the site. What's funny is I use the service to get access, but when I need to use my CC I have to turn on my WiFi. I don't do the T-Force bit as I don't do the social media thing. Do you live near a T-Mobile store?

• mstieg

Despite FAR too much time with tech chat/phone help and 7 visits to

T-Mobile stores, I finally heard a T-Mobile Manager admit that T-Mobile

prioritizes PREPAID LESS.  This includes the online account login, which is

basically only a sales page and offers no real account access or control,

while the APP never works.  Over two months it loaded once or twice and the

tabs within did not.  Error pages every time.  (Pages and pages or Reddit

including more T-Mobile employees confirmed this.)

I got ZERO cell signal in Marion IL while with family.  Map shows total LTE

coverage....they did NOT show a difference for PREPAID.  Glad to finally

get a straight answer.

PREPAID = the red-headed step child of T-Mobile.  Period.  At every turn.

shame...IF they were simply honest & upfront about the lesser priority,

signal, and account access of the cheaper Prepaid, I'd have probably paid

more for a contract plan from the start, but they way I was treated I'm

out.  The regular postpaid/contract T-Mobile might be a good plan & network

coverage but won't risk it after being treated so poorly.

• dc5fan

I live in a little town north of Champaign/Urbana, IL. Started out with an S5 (unlocked AT&T). It worked ok. Two members here suggested the LG Stylo 3 Plus. It was $275. It worked quite a bit better. I get anywhere from 2-4 bars here at home. I got some flak as having a prepaid account. Hey, $3 a month, and most months I don't even use all 30 minutes that is allotted to me each month. I've been using the term "stepchild" for months, or even the lower rungs of a ladder. I don't text, send messages, or even have voice mail as I have an eye condition called diabetic retinopathy (in both eyes). When, and if, T-mobile decides to do away with the program I am on I'll just go with the sunset. BTW, one member here explained the problems as too many "variables" that are causing these problems. I can't remember if your phone is a T-Mobile branded or BYOD. You have no idea that I wish I could help you, but my knowledge just isn't there.

• dc5fan

mstieg: I wan to add 2 items that I neglected. Before I signed up to T-Mobile's prepaid plan I spent 2 weeks researching. How was the coverage in my area? The only problem I had with store help was at a 3rd party store in Urbana. Four months after being a customer I purchased my phone at a corporate store where the Customer Service was excellent! When the salesman answered my questions, I purchased the Stylo 3 Plus, and he set up the phone with all the settings needed. That was a year ago, and the settings are still working. When I call 611 (Customer Service) for help I stay upbeat, and never disrespectful. There are a couple of reps that remember me with a good experience.