Cellspot service without an account

adtolbert81

I used to be a T Mobile consumer. I used to have bad signal whenever using it in my home, so I purchased from T Mobile a cellspot that connected to my network. It worked great! I have changed carriers a while back, but I have family members who have T Mobile and they get same service I did when I had them when they come over. I still have cellspot. What I want to do sit it up for them.

My question is do I need an account to use the cellspot or can I just set it up and go from there?

Thanks in advance!

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Cellspot service without an account

Hey, adtolbert81!

Do you happen to know the exact model of cellspot router? Is it the WiFi Cellspot router or the 4G LTE Cellspot router? If your family members already have T-Mobile, they can simply follow these steps to set up the WiFi Cellspot router. Here are the steps if it's a 4G LTE Cellspot router.

• adtolbert81

It's the 4G LTE cellspot like the one in the video. I have tried hooking it

up, but it would always stop on the status light and would not go any

further. The light would just blink green and it wouldn't complete the

setup. Do I need a new one? Also after my family leave would it still work

for anyone else who might need to use it?

Thanks!

Anthony

• adtolbert81

It's the 4G LTE cellspot like the one in the video. I have tried hooking it

up, but it would always stop on the status light and would not go any

further. The light would just blink green and it wouldn't complete the

setup. Do I need a new one? Also after my family leave would it still work

for anyone else who might need to use it?

Thanks!

Anthony

• tmo_amanda

Thanks for getting back to me, Anthony! I'm sorry it has taken me a few days to reply. Now knowing which model you have, an active T-Mobile signal is needed. The device will still be useful to others that have T-Mobile, but without an account, it won't function as it's supposed to.

Are you trying to setup the router on an active T-Mobile account and only seeing the one light blink green?

• tmo_amanda

Good morning! Just checking in to see if you had anymore questions or wanted to walk through troubleshooting the router if there's an active T-Mobile account attached to it.