Family mode

magenta7141412

I am trying to set up the Family Mode app on a moto g4. The location wont update and the phone stays paused. The phone is not responding to the parent app. What is the problem?

All replies

• syaoran

Re: Family mode

Kids are smarter and more resourceful than most adults.  There are plenty of apps to circumvent these parent/monitoring apps.

• magenta7141412

The children have not touched the phone yet. This was upon initial set up. The previous reply does not help any.

• syaoran

Do you have the correct permissions that the app needs enabled on the device?  Is the app compatible with the version of the OS you have installed it on? 

• magenta7141412

The permissions were set like the instructions said. The OS in

Android 7.0.

• syaoran

How permissions work do slightly vary by OS version.  I haven't personally used thise types of apps and it has been quite a while since I have used Nougat.  Is the device signed into a Google Account with the approptiate settings enabled for keeping track of the location data?

In your Google Account, there are some buried settings that most who know about them disable.  These settings might be important depending on how the app gets its information to share within the app.  You could so check your location history in the Google Account to see if it updates and doesn't in the app by taking it to the mall or somewhere that it should record.

If the account on the device is set as a child's account.  The account restrictions will be much more strict than those of accounts of adults. 

• tmo_mike_c

Are you able to access the data on this phone? You may also want to try checking the location services on the phone's internal software. Sometimes an uninstall/reinstall of the app may help. Please test that out and give the Family Mode app another try.