I Changed Account but still have to pay for both of them

sergiipopov

I have used T-Mobile plan for more than year, then I decided to join another plan also on T-Mobile, I ported my two lines to new account, and I have to pay for starting using new account, it's fine. But I had my old account I have been responsible for, first think when I asked to move my two numbers to new account I also have digits that I have never used, and customer support team haven't removed them, and also I already have paid for current month(although it's post pay, but use T-Mobile you have to pay before, it's another topic), at this moment I already paid for old plan, and going to pay for new, I asked about that customer support team why I haven't been prorated but not one couldn't give me a right answer. According to T&C I have to pay for a full month if I cancel my service, but actually I didn't cancel it, I just moved my numbers from one T-Mobile account to another.

Maybe here some one can tell me. if is it right?

All replies

• magentatechie

When you remove a phone number, whether by moving to another T-Mobile account or by porting to another carrier, the number will show as "Cancelled" in the original account.  The system doesn't know that you only switched to a new T-Mobile account and will proceed with the cancellation and billing of the cancelled account as per the T&C.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • sergiipopov

Probably there is a  problem with the system, because according tot T&C T-mobile changes for full month in case of service cancellation, not account cancellation, I double checked, in some other palaces it says (service or account). It's mean I shouldn't be charged when canceling account.

`As the Un-Carrier, we did away with annual service contracts. You are free to go, although we’d be sad to see you leave. You are responsible for all Charges incurred through the end of your Service term. In addition, cancellation of Service may affect other agreements that you have with us, including equipment installment plans or lease agreements where some of your payments may be accelerated upon cancellation.`

there are nothing about cancelation account.

• dengland

I moved my phone # over to my fiancee account and they want me to pay off my phone. Even though I am still with T mobile. And she switched from AT&T and we were told tmobile would pay off AT&T. But now we have a collection company coming after us cause of Tmobile.

• tidbits

Yes you will have to pay both.  The bill you got is specifically for what you used that month as a standalone line and the other is what you pay for when you combined you account into another.  They are not going to drop your previous bill because you already used it.  You are not paying your bill for the following month you are paying for the previous month.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                • sergiipopov

But I have already paid for this biling cycle and moved to another account in the middle of paid cycle, it should be prorated since I haven’t  Cancel a service if T-Mobile

• tidbits

If you changed mid cycle you would still have 2 bills because one is directed personally to you and the other is when you moved that line to that account.  Even if you didn't "cancel" the line the line was canceled because the line was took over by someone else, and the terms even if you didn't sign anything was cancelled.

• sergiipopov

Yea, but what does mean "cancel T-Mobile Service" how I understand it means cancel T-Mobile service not account, what I haven't done, because if read T&C for some section they have definition "service or account", but for cancelation just "service", it mean that T-Mobile did a fraud by charging me twice and broke own T&C.

• tidbits

sergiipopov wrote:

Yea, but what does mean "cancel T-Mobile Service" how I understand it means cancel T-Mobile service not account, what I haven't done, because if read T&C for some section they have definition "service or account", but for cancelation just "service", it mean that T-Mobile did a fraud by charging me twice and broke own T&C.

When you do a transfer of responsibility the line is cancelled as the account itself will no longer exist.

• sergiipopov

But I'm still T-Mobile customer and haven't canceled a service, according to T&C(there are nothing about canceling line or account, just about service, and no definition about it, only few times mansioned 'T-Mobile Service'), It doesn't matter how T-Mobile handles it internally.

Can you please show me exactly where in T&C says if I cancel account or transfer line inside T-Mobile carrier it does mean I cancel service, because you just said something that doesn't have any references to T&C.

• sergiipopov

and also if you read T&C it says

'As the Un-Carrier, we did away with annual service contracts. You are free to go, although we’d be sad to see you leave. You are responsible for all Charges incurred through the end of your Service term. If you port your number to another carrier, your Service will be deactivated. In addition, cancellation of Service may affect other agreements that you have with us, including equipment installment plans or lease agreements where some of your payments may be accelerated upon cancellation.'

"If you port your number to another carrier"

I haven't done it, please answer carefully not like just answer something

• tidbits

You had 2 account numbers.  You transferred a line to another account number.  When that account number has no lines it is cancelled.  This goes with ANYTHING associated with accounts in various industries.

• sergiipopov

Okay how does it apply on T&C about cancelation service? I don't care how T-Mobile handles it, I looking at T&C and it clearly says

If you port your number to another carrier, your Service will be deactivated.

But I haven't ported It means my service is still active and I'm T-Mobile customer, and never canceled T-Mobile service.

Please answer with T&C references

• sergiipopov

Do you know what is definition for Account, Line, Service, need to understand it clearly to give a right answer.

• tmo_mike_c

Looks like our other Community members already tackled a lot of what was asked, but they are correct. We have T-Mobile accounts with account numbers. Those accounts have lines attached to them (lines = phone numbers). Each account is either active with lines on it, or canceled if there are no lines tied to it. Each account is it's own separate entity. When you take lines and move them to a new account, the previous account the line is tied to would be canceled as there's no line or services tied to it.

• sergiipopov

Your words make seance, but for me as customer I haven't canceled service because I see now on my phone T-Mobile service and saw it before, please show me a reference to T&C that clearly says when I close my T-Mobile account and move lines to another T-Mobile account it means I canceled a service, please show me references, because everything you said it just you guesses and restriction how T-Mobile software works to handle this situation, it's different of what is actually is.

And yes, T-Mobile has like post paid plan, but when my billing cycle starts for example on 1 December, they show my a bill for 1 Dec - 1 Jan, and after they will include service charges in the next bill, I had discussion about it before, also was confused why it's post paid and I already have a bill, they call it post paid because you have due date in the end of cycle. I have already paid this bill.

In conclusion, so far I have found in T&C that definition of canceling service it's when I transfer my number to another carrier, please point me on a section of T&C where it says confirm your words, otherwise your words just words, it's should be tied to T&C.

• sergiipopov

Just want update everyone here, I was prorated in my final bill, and T-Mobile returned me about 30% of all actual bill, so funny how you answer question and don't know true info

• sergiipopov

Looks like all T-Mobile employees here don't know exactly T-Mobile T&C and trying to make own rules, because if you read T&C it clearly says:

If you port your number to another carrier, your Service will be deactivated.

and there are nothing about moving to another T-Mobile account.

As far no one could show me a section from T&C where it says that I have to be charged fully if move internally T-Mobile service.

At this point all answers about are unprofessional and just "fairy tales", it's not how businesses works, everything should be on paper.

And so far I see that any action like "when you move your line to another account, our system doesn't understand, out system so strict, our system blablabla" for me as customer it doesn't matter how T-Mobile system works, what restrictions, I don't care about it.

From my point I was T-Mobile customer I'm stay T-Mobile customer, and according to T&C I have to be fully charged only in case if I moved out of T-Mobile service to another carrier if not How I understand  I had be to prorated, because there are nothing about I shouldn't. And not one here can show me that it's right or not.