Very frustrated with number porting a landline from TWC/Spectrum to T-Mobile Pre-paid

magenta7127044

Please help me with a number porting that T-Mobile has not been able to complete even though I've called them over 5x in about 12 days, including two phone calls where both T-Mobile Pre-Paid number porting team and Spectrum customer service were on the call together with me.

History:

1. Got a T-Mobile prepaid SIM and activated it on a iPhone

2. Registered a T-Mobile online account using that information

3. Submitted a number porting request using the online tool:

- Provided the Spectrum account number which had the format of 202-XXXXXXXXX-001 (202-<nine digit number>-001)

- Provided the four digit account PIN that appeared on my Spectrum billing statement

- Provided the phone number of the landline currently being provided by Spectrum/TWC

4. Called a few days later since no text messages were received on my T-Mobile prepaid account

- The temporary number was assigned by the in-store salesman when I purchased the pre-paid SIM

- Was transferred to the number porting team for Pre-paid accounts where I was told that the account number was incorrect

- I then asked the T-Mobile rep to hold while I conferenced in Spectrum customer service

- Spectrum agent said that the account number is only the middle nine-digit number and there isn't a need to provide the "202" and the "001"

- T-Mobile rep said that the modified the account number and submitted the request

- The PIN was still the same four digit PIN from the Spectrum statement

5.  Again, after no contact from anyone after 3 days, called again

- T-Mobile again said that the account number is incorrect

- I requested that they verify the account number and T-Mobile confirmed it was just the 9-digit number

- Again conferenced in Spectrum, who confirmed the 9-digit number

- T-Mobile agent said that the request would be updated

6.  Again, after 3 days, nothing from anyone. Called again - porting request failed due to invalid account number.

- This time called Spectrum without T-Mobile and asked if they could see anything in their system where a number porting request came in

- Spectrum said that they couldn't see any evidence of a porting request

- Spectrum asked if T-Mobile provided a reason code for the failure - to which I said no, that the only info I was provided was that the account number is wrong.

7.  I am at my wit's end - T-Mobile please help!

All replies