Can't access My T-Mobile for new plan

crashingrob

Hi there,

I just activated prepaid service yesterday. The service works fine, but I can't access My T-Mobile on my phone or website. When I enter my login credentials, it logs me in and sends me directly to the prepaid landing page - no account stuff everywhere. I have a suspicion that it's because when I registered I re-used an existing login I had from a year ago and tied it to my number. Since I can't log in, I can't pay my bill or see my service or anything.

Please help!

All replies

• snn555

Re: Can't access My T-Mobile for new plan

I'd first reach out to T-Mobile on social media and see if they can't get that login information updated to something new that's not connected to an old account. Also there are a lot of limited prepaid options when it comes to accessing the account.

I've heard it mentioned before that prepaid users can't use the app and may even run into issues trying to access the account online. typically prepaid users just pay for whatever they're going to use upfront and don't get any sort of record as to payment or calls made and received, data usedu and text messages made and received.

although I do understand it is important to be able to log into some sort of an account so that you can re up or make a payment.

there are short codes that can be used with prepaid to find out balances and make payments and other things like that however is not nearly as user-friendly as being able to login to a website.

• rob-beach

@snn555    

"I've heard it mentioned before that prepaid users can't use the app........ internet... blah blah blah..."

So you have no real experience with prepaid accounts on T-Mobile.....

@crashingrob

are you having the problem outlined in the link below ?

my.t-mobile.com Issues Unresolved After 2 Months

If you are.. it has become a persistent problem... and I have yet to find someone that has it resolved.

For me it's now over a month... and contacting support has been a waste of time.

I have been a prepaid customer well over 10 years... going back to when I had a Blackberry phone.. I'm on my fourth phone now, all on T-Mobile.

Prepaid customers don't have all the "bells and whistles"... but you could see your data usage... review plans.. pay your bill...

If you get the issue resolved please report back.    For now... like the many.. and increasing numbers of people...

You will have to use #311 or #611 to pay your bill using your phone.

Please report back if you get the issue resolved.

• snn555

rob-beach  

Did you just activate prepaid service yesterday?  Does the service work fine, but you can't access My T-Mobile on your phone or website? When you enter your login credentials, does it log you in and send you directly to the prepaid landing page - no account stuff anywhere? Do you suspect that it's because when you registered you re-used an existing login you had from a year ago and tied it to your number?

If not...

Then you may have a different issue.

And maybe....

You have no real experience with prepaid accounts on T-Mobile.....

But let's not just assume every issue is the same.

• dc5fan

What was it 2 or 3 weeks ago the app was redone? The app has worked for me since. Several months ago when I used the app to replenish funds I used my CC for payment. Within 3 minutes I had a receipt sent to my email address. Since we prepaid accounts are at a lower level I completely, and understand, the amount of info we can get. To keep track of my minutes used I don't clear out my call history until a new month starts. Don't forget what I read from you there are "variables" of why some accounts have no problems, and the ones that do. THAT was a good explanation!

• dc5fan

Please read my reply to snn555. The app was fixed about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am on the Pay As You Go $3 a month plan. I have shutoff texting and messaging due to eye problems. However, I do receive messages (no charge) from T-Mobile reps from Customer Service. Hope that helps.