Make tmomail show sender, not random code?

lhranch

I have a monitoring application that sends mail to my phone number at tmomail.net to notify me of urgent issues, so I receive them immediately.

When I get these messages on my iPhone, the contents of the message are "sender-name / subject line / text" (which is fine), but the bold header is a random code such as 373-0, 294-6, 413-8, 973-6, or the like, for each message.  Occasionally, the system will reuse a code that it used days or weeks ago, so that multiple unrelated messages share a "conversation."  This makes it extremely hard to reconcile all my urgent messages and the order they arrived in. It also generates a new "user" thread for every one of these random codes, making it a real chore to clean up my SMS panel.

Is there any syntax I could add to the address to supply a string to be displayed in the bold header in place of the random code?  For example, something like sending the messages to MONITORINGAPP.8005551212@tmomail.net so that the bold line says "MONITORINGAPP" instead of 732-5?

All replies