Solved

I can`t add my card as payment method

• 11 December 2018
  • 9 replies

When I adding the card "Invalid error" appears.

I also can`t pay by card at my account. What should I do? I called to the bank, everything is fine on their side. Transaction denied by T-Mobile.
Please, HELP!!

icon

Best answer by tmo_chris 14 December 2018, 16:38

View original

9 replies

I also can`t add AutoPay.
"Sorry ,It looks like we are having trouble with the payment card or bank account you provided. Please check the account or card information and try again, otherwise contact your bank card company directly to see if there was an error with your card before attempting again. Or Try a different payment method. Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience. T-Mobile Customer Service"

Userlevel 4

Sorry you are having trouble setting up your payment card @magenta7064996​ Is this the first time you have tried using this specific card or has it worked in the past?

Hi Chris, Thank You for the answer!

This is the only american bank card I have. I'm trying to add it for the first time. I`ve got the following message from the bank, when I`m trying to pay at my account or add my card as payment method:
"Your debit card was not present at the time of a recent transaction".
What does it mean?
Thank You!

Userlevel 4

Hmmm, this is odd. You should not get this message if this is your first time every trying to use this card. This message is something that comes up if you had used the card in the past and when it came time to auto pay your bill, if there were not enough funds on your card to complete the payment.

We will need to check the card in our systems but we cannot do that here on a public community forum. Please call us when you have a moment so our team of experts folks can open the investigation.

I ultimately had the same issue in “can’t add bank card as payment method” but I did not get an actual error message.  I was trying to do it from my Chromebook but no matter what I tried, when I clicked on the submit button to process the entered info. it seemed to do nothing… no processing at all… the web page would just remain static with no activity shown.

Only way I managed to get it done was from the T-Mobile app on my phone.  No issues adding the card or making a payment with the app.  I did notice that the app. auto-populated the dashes in between every 4 digits of the card number, I did not enter any dashes when I attempted from my Chromebook, so that could have been the issue the whole time.

I had the same problem. Tried adding the card directly to T-Mobile web site for auto -pay and it couldn't, even if I was able to add it on other places like Xfinity, Verizon etc.

But on the T-Mobile app, I switched auto pay payment method to Apple Pay and selected the new X1 card. And that worked. Now, when I log on to T-Mobile web site or app, it shows me that Auto Pay is scheduled with the last 4 digits of the X1 card. I will check after the auto pay date, but this should now work.

Hope this workaround works for everyone facing this issue. The free cell phone equipment coverage, even if it's only $500 max, is a useful one to have for free.

Why can't I use my credit card to pay my T-Mobile bill.To much to go through just to get to everything you need to do ,this is not good.

Same here, I used same credit card for years to autopay my Tmobile, but last month it was disappears from my account and I do have past due payment. I tried to add it back manually but no success, all I got is “Oops. We’re having a little trouble.We had a technical issue and couldn’t process your request. Please try again.”

For me it looks like a big, not a small trouble. I can’t also reach the customer service reps, only generated voice. This is unacceptable

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Same here, I used same credit card for years to autopay my Tmobile, but last month it was disappears from my account and I do have past due payment. I tried to add it back manually but no success, all I got is “Oops. We’re having a little trouble.We had a technical issue and couldn’t process your request. Please try again.”

For me it looks like a big, not a small trouble. I can’t also reach the customer service reps, only generated voice. This is unacceptable