Delayed Incoming Texts and Missed Calls

sifodyas357

Hello everyone, I've been having a frustrating problem on my phone for some time now, and T-Mobile doesn't seem to know what's going on or is unwilling to help. I have an OnePlus 6T (bought from OnePlus) running on the Tmobile network, and it has been receiving delayed texts (sometimes up to 12 hours!) as well as missing important incoming calls. The problem started on my previous phone (OnePlus 3T), and I thought getting a new one would fix the problem, but so far the problem still persists. I've tried....

-Getting a new SIM card

-Clearing my phone cache

-Soft reset

-Hard Reset

-Refreshing network settings

-Having T-Mobile refresh the network from their end

-Updated APN settings

The issue occurs daily, and only occurs with incoming texts and calls, no problem with outgoing. I've been tracking timestamps for my texts and it can delayed anywhere from 5 minutes to 12 hours, sometimes even more. I text my own number occasionally and sometimes that also gets delayed as well. When I restart my phone, everything works fine and dandy, but a few hours later the same thing keeps happening. And thats the most frustrating part because whenever I talk to T-Mobile and they refresh my device and the network, they'll say that it's working now and the device is working again, but the problem keeps happening a few hours later.

I'm on a family plan, and my number is the only one having this issue. My mother and sister have the same phone and don't have any issues. I've also tried using a branded T-mobile phone and I'm still having the same problem!

Any thoughts?

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: Delayed Incoming Texts and Missed Calls

Hey, sifodyas357!

Wow, it sounds like you've spent a decent amount of time trying to get this fixed yourself. Thanks for laying out what exactly you've tried.  You mentioned something that stood out to me -- you've tried a T-Mobile branded phone with no luck. Did you try your SIM in a known working T-Mobile phone? If you put your SIM in your mom or sister's OnePlus, do you have the same issue? Also, have any tickets been filed with our Engineers when you speak to us over the phone? You mentioned they usually do a network refresh but if you have time stamps of everything, I'm not sure why the info hasn't been passed along to engineering.

• sifodyas357

Hello Amanda. Yes, I've tried my SIM in a T-Mobile phone that I have and I'm still having the same problem. The issue also seems to be only with my line, and still continues on when I put my SIM in other phones as well. I've gone through 3 unanswered tickets so far with T-Mobile, but as stated above, they resolve the ticket each time after they refresh the network stating that it's working again, when it's really not.

• magenta5200731

Not a new problem. See this thread.

Not Receiving calls and delayed text messages

Apparently not fixed yet. My Honor 6x started showing the problem earlier this year after working great for a long time.

It appears that T-mo changed something in their networks and suddenly a number of different phones started exhibiting the same problems.

My pretty old Microsoft Lumia 950 does not exhibit the problem. My theory was that the Lumia supported some bands that the Honor did not and it could be cured by getting phones that covered those bands, but the OnePlus 6T appears to cover all that the Lumia does according to this page

https://www.oneplus.com/6t/specs

Please verify we are talking about the same model and coverage.

• magenta5200731

tmo_amanda:

I noticed in one of the other threads on these problems, tmo_mike mentioned possibility of filing a trouble ticket. Has anything been done on that? The problems here and in the thread I linked seem to persist. I think there is another thread on the same stuff.

I wound up filing an FCC complaint which got me in touch with a nice lady who couldn't get it fixed either. She finally sent a free LG stylus4 which I set up for my wife and I'm getting by with the Lumia. Neither phone is displaying the problems.

Unfortunately, the LG doesn't work as well as the older Honor 6x, with occasional freezes. It has less RAM which may be the problem. In any case, the wife complains that she wants her old phone back.

Would appreciate your bugging the network people. We can't all be crazy and there have been too many different phones affected for it to be other than a Tmo issue.

Thanks.

• sifodyas357

I do. The first ticket I opened was Trouble Ticket #21628935. The second Trouble Ticket is #21680159. The Third ticket that is currently pending is Trouble Ticket #21784542. Each time T-Mobile said they would get back to me but I had to contact them after days of not hearing anything. The last one is still pending and it's been 4 days already as well. And the issue is still happening, which is incredibly frustrating. I don't mean to sound irritated, but I'm this close to cancelling T-Mobile, which is sad because I've enjoyed my service over the past 10 years

• tmo_mike_c

We're now longer seeing a large amount of folks experiencing this issue. If all the trouble shooting has been done using the steps in the other thread, we do recommend testing the SIM in another phone to see if the delays still happen. A Trouble Ticket is going to be the final step if messaging issues continue while the SIM is in another device.

• sifodyas357

So....any help T-Mobile? Or is that it? I've gone through 3 Trouble Tickets already and I've just opened up a 4th one because the same issue is happening. And I"ve already mentioned in my post, as well as multiple times to tech support, that the issue still persists regardless of whatever phone I put it in but it seems y'all can't understand that. 

• tmo_mike_c

When did you file the 4th ticket? I can take a look at it for more details on that one to see if I can help figure this out.

• tmo_amanda

Constantly filing tickets with no outcome is frustrating especially when you've been with us for so long. Let us take a look at the most recent ticket to see if any new info has been added that we may be able to go on. Again, it sounds to me like this is related to your profile on the network (not your device). I'm so sorry you're continually given the runaround and just want answers. We're doing our absolute best to help out with the tool that we have access to through the Support Community.