Expand my service

clfr93*55a

I'm currently a legacy (10 yrs) pay as go acct, xxx-xxx-xxxx but at 82 yrs old cannot justify data svc fee so I can go to a smart phone. Recently heard from the VA that T-Mobile expanding their network with the VA. My query is there any way I can get data svc on my pay-as-you-go plan or alternatively a more economical plan for low demand users like myself? Thanx  F.G.Clayton

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: Expand my service

First, thank you for your service. I am on the Pay As You Go $3 a month plan, but data and messaging is shut off on my account. I suggest from your phone dial 611 (Customer Service) and explain to the rep what you want to do. Do you live by a T-Mobile store? I hope you don't get talked into something else. Just stick to your guns. If you have any other questions I will try to help. My knowledge is limited to the Pay As You Go.

• drnewcomb2

Re: Expand my service

T-Mobile has oriented themselves toward the young network-centric consumer. These people care more about their data connection than about making phone calls. T-Mobile appeals to them by making all plans unlimited data. Actually, just about unlimited everything and including the taxes and fees in the price. T-Mobile isn't worrying too much about the person who doesn't use data and only makes a few calls.

My suggestion for you is to look at either Consumer Cellular or PagePlus. Both are MVNOs that have plans catering to seniors and those with limited phone needs.