Dead LG G6 stuck in bootloop

themegavanny

Hello,

I have an LG G6 (ThinQ) I got just over a year ago (so no more warranty) that has all of a sudden stopped working. Everything was business as normal until my phone randomly turned itself off. It turned back on for a bit, but soon turned off again while I was using it. The third time it booted up, it got stuck in a bootloop. Eventually, after a while in this loop, my phone died. I am charging it now, but it's at 0%. Every single time the phone has the slightest bit of battery, it turns on to try and continue the loop, leading to the screen continuously saying more charge is needed to bootup the device. I have no way of stopping it or anything. I'm a college student and I need my phone for alarms, to check my emails, to check the time so I get to class early, and to message people I'm meeting up with. I need this fixed soon. I haven't even finished paying it off yet and I don't have the kind of money to be spending on anything else. If anyone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.

All replies

• magentatechie

Re: Dead LG G6 stuck in bootloop

Did you have insurance on the phone? If so, you have an extended warranty that will cover you, provided the device is still in good physical condition (no dings, cracked screen, or moisture indicator tripped).  If not, I would reach out to LG directly.  They've been pretty notorious as of late with the boot loop phones and perhaps they can help you with a repair or replacement.

• themegavanny

UPDATE:

Okay I'm not sure if I can edit the question but I finally got the unit to charge through a fast wireless charger thing. Now my problem is getting it out of the LG screen. So far it has been restarting over and over again, and then this page shows up that's too quick for me to read saying something about a "temporary" issue and it asks me to press the power button to proceed. If I do that, the phone stops restarting and gets stuck on the LG screen. Any ideas on where to take it from here?

Edit: I believe the screen says "Your device failed a routine safety check..."

• magentatechie

If I were you, I'd attempt to get into the recovery menu to perform a master reset.  It might be tricky, but worth a shot.  You need to power the device completely down, then:

1. Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons.
              2. When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.
              3. When Factory data reset appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
              4. Press the Power button to confirm.
              5. When Erase all user data and restore default settings appears, use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.
              6. Press the Power button to confirm.
              7. Wait for the device to reset.

If that doesn't work, I'd most certainly reach out to LG to see if anything could be done.