Something's not right...

magentanightmare

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone else here as experienced the same error message when trying to login to their account?

This is what I get when trying to login, ever since I became a customer in mid October. It's nothing user/device dependent, since t-mobile support has replicated the issue on their end... they just don't seem to know how to fix it.

Curious to see if anyone else has the same error and how many months it took for it to get fixed.

Screen Shot 2018-12-05 at 7.17.53 PM.png

All replies

• astowe80

Re: Something's not right...

I'm having the same issue      

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • dc5fan

YEP! It's a mess! Have you tried the SHORT CODES or called 611 (Customer Service)? Try opening another page and search "T-Mobile self-service short codes".

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • magentanightmare

Thanks, I've seen them and while they do offer a bit of self-serve to it and doesn't leave me completely in the dark, by not being able to login to my account since I opened it, I don't have access to the free Netflix subscription or the 2 x Digits lines that are part of my plan.

Overall, such a poor experience. When a person opens a bank account and can get access the very same day to their online account to manage their money, one would thing that a cell phone carrier would have their business together to be able to let their customers do the same.

I get a few days, we're all human, mistakes happen, systems break... but when almost 2 months go by and nothing has changed, it's pretty infuriating to say the least

Either way, thanks for your replies, it's good to see that I'm not alone in the mess.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magentanightmare!

Unfortunately, you're not alone as you can see from the few replies on this thread. This is a known issue that engineers have been working on for months. We surprisingly had an update late Friday night they our engineers confirmed they found the root cause and are working on implementing a permanent fix but there's still no estimated time of resolution.

• magentanightmare

Hi Amanda,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply and provide us some insight on the progress.

Again, I was initially very understanding... it's software, we're all human, mistakes happen, the last developer that quit probably forgot a comma or period in the last system update.

What I don't understand and can't accept is that it takes months for a publicly traded company, to get to the root cause of this.

I know you're all just the messenger here and that the fact, this issue takes months to resolve, isn't something you're directly involved in, but in case you've been dealing with this long enough to start thinking this is normal... NO, it is not normal to take months to fix a login issue!!

Imagine your bank tells you that their credit card system is broken and that every time you need to make a purchase, you'll need to call them... I'm sure that would be a lot of fun for you and you'd love that experience, for months

• tmo_amanda

I 110% agree with you, magentanightmare! Trust me, I've been personally tracking this issue for a few months, gathering user's posts, and forwarding them to the proper teams so they're aware of the frustration and heartburn this is causing. If I couldn't access my online banking for this long, I'd probably look elsewhere for my banking needs because that's an important feature to me. I get that because this is taking a while to fix it feels like we're brushing off our customers but that is definitely not the case. I appreciate you voicing your frustration and please know that it's not falling on deaf ears.

• magentanightmare

This just keeps on getting better. Now you're essentially suggesting that I just leave tmobile if having access to my account is an important feature to me?? That's quite incredible.

Do you think if it wasn't for the fact that some people care about not having another hard inquiry on their credit history, they wouldn't just leave and go with some other carrier that is capable of offering their customers, a working user account and not have to deal with this? I personally don't feel like having 2 inquiries on my history in the span of 3 months, because of a cell phone plan.

You've just mentioned you've been tracking this issue for a few months. Why is that when we signed up, the rep at the store didn't warn us of this ongoing issue??

Maybe a bit of honesty, along the lines of: "we can get you setup with service but please be advised that there is an ongoing issue with logging into accounts, the problem is very complex and taking longer than expected to resolve, and because of this, there is a chance you won't be able to use the Netflix and Digits on your account along with performing the normal account related tasks, such as look at your bills, change payment methods, update your address, etc... you'll have to call in or visit a store when you want to do those things, at least until our Dev team can figure this out"

All it would've taken was an honest conversation... I could've avoided having to deal with all this incompetence now and you wouldn't have to deal with an angry customer. Instead, you wanted to make the sale, even knowing there's a risk of gaining an unhappy customer.

But hey, I get it... I'm 1 in 77+ million customers, why would you care about my specific case.

Lastly, everyday that goes by without this being resolved, is a day that I don't have access to the included Netflix account and 2 x Digits lines that I am effectively paying for, because I can't login to my account to get those setup. So yes, in addition to the annoyance of going back in time to the 90's and having to use short codes and wasting time calling in for account related updates and info, I am also not getting the entire value out of what I'm paying for.

• tmo_amanda

Woah. Let's slow down here for just a minute and maybe re-read what I wrote. In no way am I suggesting you leave... The store may not have been aware of the issue -- I can't speak for them and I sincerely apologize for that. I appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry this hasn't been resolved yet. At this point our engineers identified the issue and are working on a permanent fix. As soon as I have an update, I'll definitely pass it along.