Trade in is lost in mail??

rspat

Added line for device on us promotion.

Traded in the eligible device but the mail is not delivered even after 10 days. Still shows in USPS distribution center.

How can i get credit for the trade in now?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Trade in is lost in mail??

Hey rspat 

We want to make sure you get your trade-in promotion. We will need to take a closer look at this to see what happened so please call us when you have a moment.

• rspat

Chris - anyway you can help me?

I called twice to T-Mobile - they are not helping. They keep repeating that they need device to give me credit. What is the number I need to call?

I have called at 1-800-937-8997 and have tried 611 from handset as well

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry about that! If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, I would recommend that you use the links in my signature to message our T-Force team. They will be able to do an handset research escalation.

• rspat

Response is same from either way. Looks like T Mobile is not interested in solving the issue. Very disappointed.

tmo_chris

• tmo_chris

Oh no! What did they say? Did they do a handset research escalation?

• rspat

They did to handset research and it shows en-route to them. USPS lost their scans and there is no way to track the device from the last location.

I checked with USPS and they stated the package label T Mobile sent me was First Class so no insurance on that as well.

Not sure what T Mobile will be doing with my credit as they do not have device yet and I have mailed that long ago. USPS cannot locate the package as well.

• tmo_chris

What exactly did T-Force say when you spoke with them on Facebook? While it is incredibly rare, we do have a process in place when a trade in gets lost.

• rspat

tmo_chris

Thank you so much for doing that, xxxxx! So, I do see that the package should be checked into our warehouse soon -- it was last in York, which is great news as our warehouse is very close. I agree that it's odd that it's been in the facility since 12/2, but again no worries, we'll make sure that you get your device credits once it arrives. Just to confirm, have you contacted USPS yet? I'd like to give them a call, but I'm just checking.

Next response

Hey there xxxxx. We attempted to contact USPS, but the same information is available over the phone as what is available through their website. For USPS shipments they're not scanned at every drop location and instead are scanned only at destination facilities which is why while this package is in transit no new updates have been provided

• tmo_chris

That is a very long time to not have any movement. We do have a special policy for this type of scenario though. We are not able to do this on a public community forum but if you would contact T-Force again, tell them to look at internal document DOC-424241 and click the 3rd header titled "Customer has not received deferred trade-in credit". This will guide them through the appropriate process.

• rspat

I called twice to T-Mobile - they are not helping. They keep repeating that they need device to give me credit. What is the number I need to call?

I have called at 1-800-937-8997 and have tried 611 from handset as well

• rspat

I just tried via facebook. I hope they will be able to answer me and help me.

thanks