I can understand the frustration with being one day off of a price hike. I am a little confused did you wait two months after the incident happened to file or did you wait two months before coming to the community to ask this question?
As far as what to do with the phone if you're not able or willing to pay the increased deductible or continue to fight for the lower deductible you believe you should Have paid then even though you're out x number of months of coverage payments you could wind up paying less than the deductible at a local repair shop. It would also be much faster turnaround.If you got it repaired one way or another you might could still use that phone as a trade or sell.
And this is just my opinion but we had an iPhone 7 plus that we had repaired for a screen break which cost $175 deductible plus $10 a month for 10 months was another hundred dollars so already we're at $275.
A local repair shop could have replace the screen for under $100 saving us $175.
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to post to our community! I just wanna clarify here, are you unable to file the claim because you waited 2 months to report the incident or are you not filing the claim because the deductible is higher?