Pre-Paid Plans

magenta6609546

Just spent a difficult hour is getting my pre-paid plan straightened out. On the phone for over 45 minutes and transferred 4 times with no resolution. All reps I spoke with could not access my account and tried to get me to the correct department, which didn't happen.

The situation is on 12/03/18 I used the website to make my payment. I signed up for autopay, thinking it would process my current payment and all future payments. Apparently, it did not. My account now shows me enrolled in auto payment with a due date of 01/04/19 for service of 12/04/18 - 01/04/19. Thinking that I paid my bill but, on 12/04/18 the system suspended my account so I have no service. Tried to make an additional payment for December and the website will not allow me to process. Also, trying to use the mobile app on my phone and it tells me that they are not ready.

Who ever is developing the payment processing website doesn't know what they are doing. Testing and Quality Assurance is very poor.

All replies

• dc5fan

Re: Pre-Paid Plans

Right now the T-Mobile app is not available for prepaid accounts. I am on the Pay As You Go $3 a month.  The only thing  I can suggest is 1-800-TMobile. I had the app for several months then some nit-wit decided that prepaid accounts were cut off. Yesterday I made a rant regarding services, and it wasn't pretty. Perhaps a moderator or a member here might be able to step in and offer some help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 904-206-2508

Thank you to magenta6609546 and dc5fan. I thought I was on some kind of ”blooper show” for T-Mobile employees to use at their Holiday Corporate/Office party for them to listen to while they are partying and celebrating their bonuses (only for the corporate staff). I can only assume that the customer service representatives recieved no bonuses. However, there is probably a  “participation trophy” for the customer service representatives that had the most transfers for a simple question. In addition, and all time “participation award” for the customer service representative who got a T-Mobile customer to swear the most and how many times a customer says ”T-Mobile sucks”, which is not exactly how it was recorded.

I cannot believe I spent two different calls that took a total of over two hours being tranfered so many times, being told they were going to stay on the line and explain the situation to the customer service representative in the “correct” departmenot. After being transferred the customer service representative did not stay on the line like they said they would do. I either eventually was disconnected or I was back to either holding ”forever” or having to have someone call me back and then I got too explain my situation all over again. Needless to say, my issue, which is pretty much the same issue as dc5fan, is not resolved.

What really makes me so mad is that my Mother who is in her late 70’s who has had a pre-paid account with T-Mobile for seven years ( she liked the basic flip-phone) was given the run around at the T-Mobile store that she has been going to once a year since she got her basic phone from. She only uses the phone for emergencies, such as if the electricity goes out, her vehicle breaks down or worse is involved in a wreck or if she needs to dial 911 during a power outage and a hurricane is in progress, which did happen. Thankfully the ladies that just happened to be staying with my Mom had phones that worked and were able to dial for help because a tree had falling on the house.

Back to the run around my Mom received. When she went to the T-Mobile store that she went to once a year, she was told that T-Mobile doesn’t offer the pre-paid accounts anymore. She went to another T-Mobile store and was told the same thing. Both store reprsentatives tried to take advantage of my elderly Mother. They both tried to sell my Mother an expensive smartphone that she did not need nor want and then wanted to put her on a plan she was going to run her anywhere between thirty to fifty dollars a month. She used to only pay $50 a year to purchase minutes that would be more than enough to get her through the year. She keeps the phone charged and would routinely call her home number for peace of mind that the service and phone are still working. My Mother left both stores so aggravated and confused about the what phones and plans they were pushing on her.

I had know idea that my Mother did not have a cell phone for six months until about two weeks when she asked me if I could help her get a another phone and having the “lovely” pleasure of dealing with T-Mobile‘s customer service. Needless to say, I purchased her an iPhone at the Apple Store so I can help her with this new technology for her on her timeframe and even get friendly customer service from Apple for an issue on her own.

I cannot believe I spent this much time with a simple reply. However, they were spot on. Thank you, for posting your issues. I still beleive that T-Mobile associates think this such an enjoyable game at their customers expense.

• dc5fan

I have no idea where to start. How old was your Mom's flip phone? All I have used were the "candy bar" phones. When I first came here last year I woned a Samsung S5 AT&T (unlocked). It did ok as in my area (61820) Bands 2 & 4 are used. Two members here got me looking at an LG Stylo 3 Plus. It cost about $280 complete. Oh, BTW, I am in my mid60's. I am on the Pay As You Go $3 a month. Depending on the age of her flip phone I have a feeling that it didn't keep up with technological changes. There was no way I wanted to pay close to one grand for a new phone. My phone is actually used more as a jukebox. There are over 2000 audio files of music from the late50's to mid70's. The files came from my record (vinyl) collection. 

T-Mobile has corporate and 3rd party stores. The corporate stores train their employees better than 3rd party. Since I have a prepaid account I consider myself as a "T-Mobile stepchild". I am very ok with that. Since your Mom doesn't use the phone much I would suggest the plan I have. She will be given 30 minutes per month. Sometimes I don't use all of my minutes so I lose the balance. No problem! I have no experience regarding this , but it shouldn't be very hard to find a corporate store. Regarding Customer Service I really have had no problems. When I write Customer Service I am taling about the 611 calls. I come here quite a bit so I watch this page.

• 904-206-2508

Thank you for the reply. I realize I got carried away but I get nowhere talking to T-Mobile by phone. In the future I will start with a  chat and then go to the T-Mobile store where I got the Pay As You Go $3 a month plan. This store must be a corporate store. I took the iPhone in that I purchased for my Mom to the store and they didn’t try to sell me a different plan or another phone.

The crazy thing about this experience is that I went to an AT&T store and a Verizon store and things just got worse with them. AT&T was a lot more and Verizon is so ridiculously high, plus they both had low data plans and were still much higher. The guy at Verizon was trying to get me to trade in my iPhone Xs and my IPhone Xr and get new iPhones from them. I just purchased these outright from the Apple Store two months ago. What they were going to give me for a trade on the two IPhones was an insult. Then he suggested I take the brand new iPhone 7 that I purchased two days ago from the Apple Store back and then come buy an iPhone 8 from the Verizon store. He almost had me confused and I was beginning to think I was on a Verizon blooper show and they would use this footage at their Office Party like I thought T-Mobile was doing to me with all the transferring and still not getting anywhere.

magenta6609546, that’s exactly how I feel. We should be getting paid from them for being the testers till they fix all these bugs.

Thank you again.

• dc5fan

If your Mom is retired she should try to learn how to use her phone. When I get ready to purchase a phone I download the owner's manual in my Desktop. I was very lucky that two members here suggested a phone, and  I trusted their suggestions. It was a good move. Did your Mom go with texting and messaging? I do get messages from T-Mobile when I call 611. Yeah, AT&T got me paying for $25 every 90 days. There was NO way I could use that up. The other thing that really PO'd me was 10 days before the money would expire I would get a message reminding me to add more ($25) to the account, and for me to push a button, and my phone call would be completed. I was driving at the time, and in this stupid state (Illinois) that I live in I could get a ticket! To be fair when reps I talked to they would extend my expiration date. I tried to get them to remove the "two minute warning", they wouldn't do that. After 3 years of that I checked into T-Mobile. To let you know I know absolutely nothing regarding Apple phones. I have always had an android phone.

• 904-206-2508

I am just the opposite. I always had iPhones and barely no enough about android products. Plus, her neighbors, brother and me all have iPhones. She will have plenty of people to help her.

Illinois, hope you are handling the weather. ❄️

Wes

• dc5fan

About 15 years ago or so I had a bad experience with iTunes. So that put a bad taste in my mouth. Where I live it's cold (17 degrees), but the sun is shining. Been here since '65. Well, you gave some good news that your Mom will have great help when needed. Family is a good support group. Hope you all get her back on track with her account.

• magenta6609546

An additional comment about their Customer Support call back service. T Mobile says it support Canada and Mexico, but their customer support web interfaces does not support Country Codes. I discovered this by using their Call Back Service and since I am in Mexico and have Telcel cell service, I tried to enter in my Mexico cell number. 

Their web interface seem like a beta version and we are the testers. Wish they would pay us for the service.

• 904-206-2508

I am not surprised.

• tmo_chris

Hey folks! I am just checking in here to see how everything is going. I know it has been a few days since you all posted but I wanted to ensure there weren't any lingering issues.