Trying T-Mobile MONEY

blueskiesnh2o

So I bought into the promises of the new T-Mobile MONEY service. 4% interest on cash is a pretty good deal, even if it is only for the first $3000. However, after nearly a week, I still haven't been able to put any money in my account. I tried to add an external account to MONEY but have yet to get any deposits to that account so that I can verify it. I tried to add the MONEY account to my credit union but they refused the account. I used the mobile app to scan a personal check from my credit union. That check cleared 2 days ago but MONEY is telling me they won't credit my account for ANOTHER WEEK!

Needless to say, I am none too impressed with this service so far. Has anyone had any luck with MONEY?

All replies

• barcodeable

Re: Trying T-Mobile MONEY

9CEEDCB7-D9AC-4D84-AEDC-471C6C4DF559.png

i activated my account as well, but i have not made any deposits yet. I have read somewhere concerning the T-Mobile Money services... that you can deposit money into your account at a T-Mobile store. I don’t know if thats true or not, because i don’t believe everything i read. So the next time im at the T-Mobile store, i will ask. 

i just clicked on TRANSFER MONEY USING ANOTHER BANK..... and my T-Mobile Money account (routing & account) is displayed. i will try to have my bank wire money to the account that was shown. i will try and send $20 first.... i believe thats the minimum you can send (ive read that somewhere to).

• faalane

Correct and it will take 2 to 3 business days to show up in your account for the first time, after that it should only take a few hours and be available the same day once your account has been all entered in the computers etc on their side, for direct deposit to show up and start working it takes up to 14 business days which is a bit long but that's how it goes very often with direct deposit and it depends on how fast your HR payroll department gets on it as well. To send cash or add cash to quickest to your account if you don't want to link another bank is to simply get a money order and make it out to yourself and use the camera feature and take a picture of the front and back and deposit it using the t Mobile money app and you will see it in your account two days later.

• faalane

as far as T-Mobile stores go there is nothing you can do in a T-Mobile store related to tmobile money at all. They don't have access to the account, you can't deposit money you can't do anything not one single thing in a T-Mobile store for your TMobile money account so don't waste your time driving to one they cannot help you. as far as adding money in a T-Mobile store I would hope they add that later as an option so you can quickly go in and give them cash to add to your debit card and have it show up immediately or within minutes, that's the biggest flaw of this service that I can see The spar, adding cash is a real pain.

• snn555

I actually looked into the service just for the fun of it. After I figured out how the interest rates worked I deemed it a hassle to create an account for the minimal interest made giving my particular personal tax bracket and not only that no one I spoke to knew how T-Mobile money work at T-Mobile in fact I got three phone calls over the weekend from someone asking if I was still interested but those three people on those three phone calls could not explain how T-Mobile money worked.

I'll stick to my usual Bank.

• faalane

It states that adding money cant NOT be done in tue store. You have to link a bank accoubt and it can take 7-10 days and up to 15 days for direct deposit setup. To send money via cash to your accoubt you can get a money order and make it out to yourself and take a ouc of front and back just like you deposit checks. It takes 2 days to show up in your account  NOTHING can be done in a Tmobile store whatsoever  it just takes a bit the furst time to setup and wait for the funds to show.

• g4indigo

I opened the account last week. There was no problem linking it with my Chase Checking Account. I also pulled money to T-Mobile Money from Chase and pushed money from Chase to T-Mobile with no issue at all. Now I have $3,000 in the account and $200 will take a round trip from my Chase Checking on 2nd of each month.

• blueskiesnh2o

It's good to hear that some people have been having success with MONEY. So far for me, the whole thing is a disaster. I have tried to link MONEY as an external account to two different bank accounts and both of them reject the routing number. After 30 min. on the phone with my bank, I was told that the routing number from MONEY was not an ACH number. After another 30 minutes on the phone with MONEY customer support, they finally acknowledged that there are problems with certain banks accepting their routing number. How in the world can that be if they are a legitimate bank?!! I have NEVER had these issues with any other bank.

Every time I submit a support message to MONEY, I just get back a canned reply that is of zero use. Sounds like T-Mobile partnered with a lousy company for this service.

• vphomphakdy

T-Mobile Money, HORRIBLE. New customer last week, thought it was a great idea, transferred money into account from personal joint account. The day before funds were to be available, they restrict my account. Had no problems logging in everyday before 5pm today, and they tell me they restricted my account for "unusual activity". The activity was for a bank account that was connected as an external transfer WITHIN the app and CONFIRM with the security deposits in the app. I'm out $800 for who knows when and now bills will not be paid on time. Thanks a lot. Now my phone lines will be cut off because I can't send payment and pay other bills.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • barcodeable

After hearing all of the problems everyone else have been having... i am considering closing my T-Mobile Money account now. I was thinking of doing the direct deposit directly from my employer, but I wouldn’t want my account to be flagged for suspicious activity.