Not sure if I can receive business texts

magenta2565418

I'm a TV extra, and lately (past few weeks) I haven't received any texts about available work. The extras website, centralcasting.com, said the issue might be that T Mobile has me opted out of receiving business texts. This could have happened because of a change made by someone in my family, or because of a change in my phone. I don't know. I just want to find out how to make sure that my phone is set to receive business texts, to make sure that there isn't some other reason I haven't been texted for any work.

Thanks

All replies

• snn555

I'm not sure of any account changes that would be made by anyone outside of perhaps scam or spam blocking. You can check the account features for that line and check to see if those features are enabled and disable them but if you used to get those texts and you no longer can that might be a reason but if no other changes were made you should still receive them unless the sending business is not sending them. You may need to contact that business directly to inquire.

• tmo_chris

When you say business texts, are these texts coming from a number, email, or a short code?

• magenta7584945

I can not respond to Discover and HEB to process purchases, pickups, and alerts.  What turned out to be the results.  Other businesses I use seem to be able to text back and forth with me just fine.

• snn555

Re: Not sure if I can receive business texts

make sure your information is up-to-date with whoever you are trying to receive a text from. I know a lot of banks will ask to reverify information and if you change phones sometimes they are unable to relay a text to you until you go to your account and verify your number. sometimes this is due to installing the app and registering your account on a new device.

• magenta7584945

Re: Not sure if I can receive business texts

Same phone and number forever (7 years)  I used to be able to respond to Discover card when they sent activity alerts by text.  Now when I try to respond I get a error message with trying to respond.  I can no longer order my groceries, receive coupons etc. at HEB.  I now have to call or email Discover to approve a suspicious charge on my account.  It is annoying.

• snn555

I've had the same number for many many many years but I haven't had the same phone for the same amount of time so sometimes when I change to a new phone I have to reverify. I know it sounds crazy because it's the same phone number, but it's essentially thet sending you private information to a different device so they need to verify that you own that device.

• magenta6964599

I

• magenta6964599

I am having the same problem. CC says I need to contact T Mobil Customer service to remove the Opt out feature in order to receive any text. Was this problem solve? I called multiple time and I keep getting foreign rep and they don't know what I'm talking about. BTW they are never helpful and a waste of time.

Thanks

• Are you a T-Mobile customer? T-Mobile has released a feature that allows their customers to “opt-out” of business messages. In order to receive text messages from Central Casting, T-Mobile users will need to contact T-Mobile support at 1-800-866-2453 and ask for this feature to be turned off. Once the opt-out is removed, you will be able to receive messages from Central Casting. Even if you are a T-Mobile customer who has received text messages from Central Casting in the past, please check with T-Mobile to ensure you do not have the opt-out feature enabled.