international service

magenta3690610

I can receive calls and text while abroad.

I get a T-mobile text informing me I have unlimited text and $0.25/min calls. I cannot make any outgoing calls or text.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: international service

Well that is no good at all! Can you try dialing #RON# on your phone and tell me what your phone says? Are you seeing that your phone is connected to the local carrier there?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta3690610!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you were able to get outgoing calls and texts working. If not, did you dialing #RON# as Chris previously recommended? If you're still having issues, please try doing a manual network selection. We're happy to provide steps to do so but need to know what type of phone you're using.

• magenta3690610

was not able to make it work, either on mobile or WiFi calling. I know for a fact I was connected to Cellcom (Israel), and data service on mobile was working.

Somebody on the forum mentioned it may be due to my account having international calling blocked. I guess this is possible, I just don't know why this will bar me from calling or texting a US  number while roaming.

I am back in the US now. Mostly I go around this by using external applications like WhatsApp and Hangouts. It's just inconvenient when I get a text and have to reply on another app.

Best

Tal