Cannot Make Calls from this Number

Anyone else having issues with an error "Cannot make calls at this time"?  We have spent hours on the phone with Tech Support on 4 different occasions and 2 hours in a T-Mobile Store with no resolution.  The promise of a call from Tech Support today did not arrive.  I am beyond frustrated to pay for a line I cannot use.  The tech in store said the issue is common in our area.....not even sure what that means.  Absurd!

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Cannot Make Calls from this Number

Super odd and sorry to hear this hasn't been resolved. Is this a error you hear on the phone or something you see on the screen? I'm also curious if it's only happening with certain numbers you call or any number. Please let us know what device you're using and how many signal bars you have so we can assist a little more.

It is Moto e play, 5th Gen. tech support indicate it is a known issue in our area. Whatever that means. If it is known, why have I spent hours trying to solve it vice the company sending a message. I bet if my bill was past due, someone would find a way to contact me

• tmo_mike_c

A know issue in the area normally means engineers have gotten enough Trouble Tickets or Service complaints for a specific area and work to resolve the issue on a larger scale. If i could take a guess, it probably wasn't a know issue at the time when you were troubleshooting and after enough examples were collected, then our systems were updated with it being a known issue.